Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Another kill....he deserved it

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 11:42 AM

Another kill....he deserved it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again im still up here in Maine on leave and im at my fathers house. My brother and I go cruisin around and apparently my brother had been talking my car up and everybody wanted to see it. Somewhere along the line I here that there is a guy in town that wants to race me with his Monte SS. Im figuring 86-87 SS with a 350 blah, blah, blah. Hes talkin all this SH## about my car and hasnt even seen it.
So yesterday i was with my brother and i turn around to go to one of his friends houses and this Monte pulls up....Not an SS, late 70's-Early 80's version with the caprice lookin front end...oh yeah and its a 305 with headers, exhaust, intake and.....shiny valve covers. I asked him why he was talkin all the smack and he said something to the effect that hes beat every Civic and stratus around the area....one was even supercharged....lol. So he says he wants to race and I agree to go to the Airstrip that we have near by. Still not exactly legal but no planes land on the strip they all land on the river and i figured it was safer than the roads away from the traffic.
I pull up next to him and he has the audasity (sp?) to ask me if im sure if i want to race him.....i just noded. I brake-boosted to about 4 lbs and he started honking (we had agreed 3 honks). On the 3rd honk i just held it to the floor and let off the brake....big mistake. I destroy my tires for about 25 feet but somehow im staying right next to him....finally i hook and pull a
SOLID 8 car lengths on him and shut down....he does a ricer flyby (in a monte?) and pulls over.
He was good sport about it, and came over to shake my hand but in the end he still deserved it. Chalk one up for buick in the inter-g body war.

ps. sorry for the novel...but i fugured you guys would want to know the story.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:01 PM

I can't believe people can be so ignorant.

Nice kill, he did deserve it.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:23 PM

Should have really given it to him.... burnouts in a race are bad lol
Old 07-16-2007, 06:42 PM

Ahhh...the 305 days...people think they are still fast?

Well deserved kill...
Old 07-16-2007, 07:58 PM

Good kill!! What mods on the GN?
Old 07-16-2007, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Z28Vert19
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

he said something to the effect that hes beat every Civic and stratus around the area....
Old 07-17-2007, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by mn96ss
Good kill!! What mods on the GN?
3" Downpipe, Hooker Exhaust, Intake, 50# Injectors, Hotwired Walbro 340 fp, Chip, Stage 3 shift kit, Ported upper and lower intercooler pipes. Just bolt ons.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:23 AM

Around here every box-body GM from that era thinks he's a racer. The first thing they do when they buy someone's $500 clunker is put Flowmasters on it, jack it up (sometimes using 2x4's to hold the suspension up!) and start driving it like it's a big block. They don't gradually hit the gas - it's more of a "full throttle or no throttle" trying to make it sound like it's hard to control because it makes so much power off idlle. I guess the sound of a v8 is new to them.

There was a guy doing that in front of me at a drive through the other day. He'd hammer his Cutlass every time the line moved just so others could hear his exhaust. After the 3rd or 4th time, I finally said loudly enough so he could hear "It's just a damn Oldsmobile - nobody is impressed." It's just another phase.

Here the trend is moving away from those and to the mid 90s big sedans because they're just as cheap and far more reliable. Some "big money" players are buying 98-99 Town Cars for the image - like we don't know they're down to $7-8k!
Old 07-17-2007, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Z28Vert19
3" Downpipe, Hooker Exhaust, Intake, 50# Injectors, Hotwired Walbro 340 fp, Chip, Stage 3 shift kit, Ported upper and lower intercooler pipes. Just bolt ons.
( borat voice ) Very nice!! GNs are the s#%t!!
Old 07-19-2007, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by cn97z28
Ahhh...the 305 days...people think they are still fast?

Well deserved kill...
i think there is someone in every town like that a buddy of min is buildin a 305 y i dont kno. I think ther turds lol
Old 07-23-2007, 06:13 PM

Thats hilarious. I meet people like that alot. Sometimes it seems as if there are more people like that than people who accually know what there talking about.
I don't know how many people that said that their "350 with a 750 double pumper with a 3/4 race cam that has 50 series tires would smoke my Saleen." I always say the same. "Oh really, WOW, If you like you can follow me to the track this weekend and we can race for $500. Then they change their tune saying that the car is'nt built yet but when it is built would beat me or they would say I know someone who can beat you.
About those 305s. I guy I work with brought his cousins 3rd gen RS to work a couple months ago. At break he said he wanted to race my LS1 after work with it.I asked him what was done to it and he said exhaust and it had alot of gauges. Out of respect for him since he's a good guy (just not a car guy) I bit my lip so I would'nt burst out laughing. I just said, "Sure, name the place. But someone else who has a clue piped up and told him that he didn't stand a chance in hell and he would get his doors blown off he we raced. So after work I was trying to flag him down as I was walking to my car to race but he just drove off.

Last edited by '88Saleen; 07-23-2007 at 06:16 PM.