Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

96z28 vs C5 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 01:41 PM

96z28 vs C5 Vette

Well it was on airbase pkwy yesterday(a two lane highway). There was a red vette infront of me and then some cars in front of him. I opened my cutout incase he wanted to play. The driver looked pretty young and so did his passenger. He just brought the car home from the dealer because it still had the sticker price on the front of it and everything. So anyways i'm behind him in 3rd going about 60mph and there were a car next to him and in front of him and i was behind him. He cut inbetween both cars and punched it at the same time. I did the same. But he had about 2 1/2 cars on me from the start. I took it all the way to about 115mph with him. He didn't pull at all. I actually started to pull a tiny bit on him. Then we slowed down because of traffic. At the next set of cars i was in front of him and i went through traffic and so did he but he was behind me. I was going slow wanting him to get next to me so we can go from a side to side roll but he just punched it before he got next to me. So i waited for him in 3rd going about 65mph. I waited for him to hit my bumper to punch it but i waited to long because with his acceleration he passed me up by about 1 car. But then his pull stopped. It stayed like this untill about 110mph. There was a light coming up that was green and i was going hella slow waiting for it to turn red so we could go from a stop but he turned left instead. I followed him so i could give him a thumbs up but he was being a jackass and wouldn't even look at me.

Maybe he was just upset that his Vette that he just took home from the dealer couldn't pull on a Camaro. A LT1 Camaro at that.

Oh btw i' pretty sure it was a auto because i didn't see any shifts.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:51 PM

Nice! Throw a cam in there and teach him a what its like to pic rubber off his windshield!