Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Third gen on Eibach Sportlines...shocks/struts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 03:55 PM

Third gen on Eibach Sportlines...shocks/struts?

I just ordered a set of Eibach sportlines now that I've owned my car for eight years

I am curious to know, I used to but have long since forgotten once college got in the way five years ago-can these cars be lowered with just springs, leaving the factory shocks/struts or do those HAVE to be swapped out too in order to lower the car?

Also what shocks/struts are you running on a dropped third gen?
Old 04-07-2007, 04:38 PM

yes they can be lowered with jsut springs, i woudl repalce the shocks, ball joints, bushings if you had the time and another vehicle to drive. after replacing shocks springs, ball joints, bushings and larger roll bars 94Z, it was well worth it. i woudl get the pro kit instead on the sportlines, my headers hit every where and it bounced around like a lowrider....
Old 04-07-2007, 05:02 PM

I'm also curious to know if there will be clearance issues with the tires. I currently have the stock rims wrapped in stock size 215/65/15 BFG Radial T/As with the white letters, and I'm going to stick with the stock rims but I want to go with another set of the same tires, just 235 or 245 instead of 215. Will this cause clearance issues with the lowering?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:52 PM

bump
Old 04-15-2007, 08:28 PM

Yes you are going to most definently replace the shocks and struts once you lower. You will bounce all over the freakin road and it wont handle that well. Get some struts/shocks that are good for lowered cars. Bilsteins/Konis something that has good rebound.

I have pro-kit on my car, sometimes wish i went sportlines but then itd even more a pain in the *** to jack up the car. I had my car stock shocks/struts and they quickly wore out cause they just couldnt handle the stiff springs and handling went to hell and it bottomed out everywere. I went with Tokico Illumina adjustable on the front and koni yellows on the rear.

I run 17s with 285s on the rear of my car, no problems so you should be fine with those sizes.