Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Suspension set-up

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 01:48 PM

Suspension set-up

So have new umi ADj LCA,RELO BrKTs,and sub frame connecters to go on but once there on where to go to get them properly adjusted. i live in LA Calif. and looking for a shop to dial it in. Or are there general rules of installation,and ADJ.? Also have ADJ. panhard and Torque arm. Again daily driver but tired of 350z's pulling from me in the corners.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Administrator

For the LCA's, there is no reason to adjust them, unless a 4-wheel alignment has shown you have a thrust angle problem. Or if you have to move the rear axle assembly forward or backward for tire clearance. Normally, you adjust them to the EXACT same length as the stock LCA's, and identical to each other, and then install them.

For the panhard rod, measure the distance between the inside edges of the wheels and the subframes on both sides. Do this before you take the stock off. The spacing should be identical on both sides. If they are the same with the stock panhard rod, adjust the new rod to the EXACT length of the stocker, before you install it. If you need to move the body to one side or the other to make the spacing equal on both sides, make the bar longer to mover the body to the passenger side, or shorter to move the body toward the drivers side.

For the torque arm, measure the angle of the driveshaft relative to horizontal, the angle of the rear/TA mount directly under the pinion shaft, and adjust the TA until the two angles differ by 1 (stock power levels) to 2 (elevated power levels) degrees, and form a "V" pointing down.