Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

stock springs front, lowering springs rear??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 07:30 AM

stock springs front, lowering springs rear??

seeing some info on the adjustable perches with the Koni SA shocks. i'm contemplating a different setup with my car.

i don't want to lower it too much, since i have true duals. but using the lower perches on the konis, would lower the front end right about where i want it. this would be with the stock springs up front.

now for the back....

i know i can take the rear isolator out and drop the rear about 1/2". but i'm worried it may still have a "raked" look to it (since the lower perch up front drops it 3/4").

so i was wondering how the handling of the car would be affected if i installed a set of 1" lowering springs in the rear...WITH the isolator in place.

this would give me 3/4" drop front and 1" rear...give or take. how would the stiffer rear spring affect overall handling? oversteer? understeer?

the car isn't really a race car...neither drag, autoX or road race...but it is a spirited street car. i want a good handling car.

as for the rest of the suspension setup...here's the run down:

STB, LCA, PHB, SFC, 32/21mm solid sway bars
Old 12-08-2006, 10:26 PM

If you used a set of prokits you probably would not notice much difference.
I think you would be ok with just deleting the isolator. If there is any rake it wouldnt be much. Besides since the back is fatter than the front it takes a little rake to make it look level.