Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Rear subframe

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 04:11 PM

Rear subframe

I have a 77 Camaro LT which the cops took off the road. They said it was cause it needed too much work but I really miss driving it. I had basically just got it (only had it maybe a year) and had just put a new exhaust system on it. It does need alot of work but what I need most right now is a rear subframe. Does anyone know where I could find one? Im from Saskatchewan, Canada and really want to get started on getting it back on the road. Any info would be great. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:21 PM

I beleive Classic Industries sells the frame rails.

It's not what you want to hear. But it the rear subframe it totally rusted out. I'd say the car is terminal. The amount of work necessary to replace the frame rails probably isn't worth the value of the car. It's also a given that there is probably a lot of other rusted panels your gonna have to replace once you tear into it. The last problem is that your gonna have to put the car on a frame jig just to do the work. This will hold the car straight so things don't change while you have it apart.