Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Prothane Bushings..Any Good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 04:42 PM

Prothane Bushings..Any Good?

any one have anything good to say bout them? Any downfalls...i think anything will be better then my 130K Bushings on there now

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&vid=4&pcid=92
Old 11-26-2004, 09:52 PM

Re: Prothane Bushings..Any Good?

They would def do better then what you have now. I have a brand new set of upper and lower control arm bushings in black that I am not going to use. Ive decided to save up for new upper and lower a arms. Ill let them go for 25shipped.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:55 PM

Use Energy Suspension over Prothane. You will find it to be much better quality and last much longer.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by NOSCaMaRo
Use Energy Suspension over Prothane. You will find it to be much better quality and last much longer.
Not trying to start anything but can you back this up somehow?? When I was in need of bushings and did some research on this board it pretty much seemed to be equal between the two.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by FireHawk409
Not trying to start anything but can you back this up somehow?? When I was in need of bushings and did some research on this board it pretty much seemed to be equal between the two.
Yea i figured they were both the same, Dont see how a bushing could be much different. I went ahead and ordeer them anyway
Old 11-27-2004, 01:53 PM

I bought the Prothane swaybar bushings and endlinks as well as their transmission mount from Thunder three years ago. They seemed like very high quality pieces, fit perfectly, and ive been very impressed with them. By the way, changing the swaybar bushings and endlinks to the Prothane makes a noticeable difference and tightens up the car. I highly recommend them .
Old 11-27-2004, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by NOSCaMaRo
I only know of one thread to back it up, I can find it if I look. I was referring to the BMR thread wear the Poly bushings on 2 panhard bars had cracked and caused the panhard bar to break. These poly bushings were Prothane.

I have also been in touch with both Energy Suspension and Prothane through work relations and Energy Suspension's sales team has been much nicer and more helpful then I could get from Prothane. So I guess I was helping throw some business there way.