Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Problem with rear braking again.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 06:02 PM

Unhappy Problem with rear braking again.

Ok when I apply my brakes I hear a light squeak noise that comes form the rear of my car. If light to mid pressure is applied I hear the squeak like sound (it is a constant tone too) but when I really push hard one the brakes the sound disappears. I'm not a 100% sure what side is it coming from though. I know it is coming from the rear of the car but not sure which side. I'm kinda leaning towards the drivers side but it is kind of unfair to judge that since most of the time only my driver's side window is down. The reason I think the problem is on the other side is cause that is the side that I hit a fence with. The damage done to the car (besides the big dent and damaged rim) was a warped rotor, bent axle, and the little e-brake thing was jammed. I'm thinking maybe the was caliper might have been damaged too. How would I go about checking to see what is wrong?

Thanks,

Chris
Old 05-05-2004, 06:09 PM

I know you replaced all the damaged parts right? Squeek's (like that) are usually a roter that needs to be turned or is warped.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:27 PM

I changed the rotor onthe drivers side, if I'm going to change the other then I might as well just change all 4 to power slot rotors
Old 05-05-2004, 09:05 PM

Originally posted by Cerwin Vega Fan
I changed the rotor onthe drivers side, if I'm going to change the other then I might as well just change all 4 to power slot rotors
minds well
Old 05-05-2004, 10:23 PM

Hey guys I was talking to someone and I was told it could be a bent caliper bracket. If the axle bent and the disc went with it, so I might have a bent caliper bracket.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:31 PM

Eh... that bracket is almost an inch thick, even thicker at the mounting points. It would've snapped one of the bolts or bent the axle flange first. Not to mention you would have had to bang the [-]ell out of that side to do that. In other words you would have been towed home. Your friend is hitting the becardi a bit too much.