Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

BMR and general torque arm questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 11:35 AM

BMR and general torque arm questions

okay, ive been considering a few options. first would be to go with bmr's torque arm and the BMR TA relocation kit (found here [sixth picture down]: http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-body...m#crossmember). or i have BMR's boxed SFCs, so i was also considering the BMR trak pak. would there be any significant advantage from one application or the other? i need to make sure that which ever kit i choose that i retain my dual exhaust w/ x-pipe setup. that is the main reason i am considering the relocation kit (i cant mount to the tranny anymore. my old torque arm broke off and stripped out the clamp hole that the bolt goes into!). the trak pak seems like it would be able to sit clear of the exhaust as well and welding it in wouldnt be that big of a problem. any ideas?

also, any advantages to going to an adjustible torque arm? i know its adjustable for track and street use. but is this really advantageous for the cost or not? thanks for the help.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:45 PM

Re: BMR and general torque arm questions

I have the trac pac and love the straight line traction it gives me, but for a daily driver the road noise with poly bushings at 70 MPH is bad. If I had it to do all over again I would get the rubber bushings and buy some poly when it is a track only car. BTW, why pay that much for a relocation kit when you can buy the trac pac for just a little more than that?
Old 04-11-2005, 02:17 PM

Re: BMR and general torque arm questions

Originally Posted by Red96Lt1
I have the trac pac and love the straight line traction it gives me, but for a daily driver the road noise with poly bushings at 70 MPH is bad. If I had it to do all over again I would get the rubber bushings and buy some poly when it is a track only car. BTW, why pay that much for a relocation kit when you can buy the trac pac for just a little more than that?
can i have a link to the trac pack?
thanks