Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

95 Convert Z28 - Subframes & Panhard bar ordered - tips, suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 06:00 PM

95 Convert Z28 - Subframes & Panhard bar ordered - tips, suggestions?

Getting subframes (BMR) and panhard bar (BMR) installed next week. Any tips, suggestions? All in prep for upcoming 18 & 19 C6 wheels and tires install.

Car suspension is bone stock so far. It's a cruiser - just want to tighten it back up, get rid of the exhaust rattles (Borla catback on it) Center rearend for 19's in the back.

TIA!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:16 AM

Re: 95 Convert Z28 - Subframes & Panhard bar ordered - tips, suggestions?

I just installed my UMI SFC's and Founders PHB, it was pretty straight forward, just be sure to have the car level and the front suspension loaded when you install the SFC's. I put the front on ramps and the rear on jack stands at the inner frame rails as far back as I could go. They bolted right up and seem to have helped out quite a bit so far, I havent driven very far yet. The PHB was a little bit of a bear to reconnect, but I just used a rachet strap to pull the axle over.

Last edited by 6772owner; 05-14-2012 at 11:17 AM. Reason: text
Old 05-16-2012, 11:45 AM

I also recommend getting a 2nd jack to help reposition the rear for the panhard install.
I needed it more when i did my LCA's but sometimes that panhard bar can get hung up as well.

I would really recommend getting Lower control arms, soon. and eventually an upgraded set of pads and rotors - for the larger wheels. Larger (heavier) wheels will usually increase your stopping distance. But they sure look great

post pics when done!
Old 05-29-2012, 11:17 PM

If you ever figure out how to get your Borla to stop rattling, let me know, I've got the same setup you do, and I've made several attempts to eliminate the exhaust clunks over the years with no success.

94 Z28, subframe connectors, shock tower brace, 17" and 18" wheels, borla exhaust.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by TraceZ
If you ever figure out how to get your Borla to stop rattling, let me know, I've got the same setup you do, and I've made several attempts to eliminate the exhaust clunks over the years with no success.

94 Z28, subframe connectors, shock tower brace, 17" and 18" wheels, borla exhaust.
My Borla rattled on the x-brace. After I had the BMR Convertible subframe connectors put on I left the xbrace off. Wha-la! No more rattle. I still get a little "clunk" due to totally worn out rear shocks, but it's going back soon for four new shocks, LCA's and a strut tower brace. The subframe connectors are awesome - wish I'd done it years ago.