Supporting Vendor Group Purchases and Sales GPs/SALES CAN BE MADE BY SUPPORTING VENDORS OF THIS SITE ONLY!

Let's do another C5 to Fbody front brake conversion brackets (Bishop)! LIMITED GP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 08:43 AM

Sweet. Nevermind then.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:40 AM

thanks for your updates, it took a while but in the end was well worth it. These things were made nice. I got them in the mail yesterday, and installed them by 8:00pm, they look and work great
Old 12-15-2006, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by RickS
thanks for your updates, it took a while but in the end was well worth it. These things were made nice. I got them in the mail yesterday, and installed them by 8:00pm, they look and work great
Wow, you didn't waste any time. Glad to hear that you're pleased with them.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:25 PM

Received mine. Top quaility.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by PoorMan
Received mine. Top quaility.
+1!
Old 12-15-2006, 07:36 PM

Mine showed up too. Thanks very much. They are all that they have been said to be. Very nice work!

Let me know if you end up with another batch. I will try to sell some more for you.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:56 PM

Glad you guys are happy, this GP was not as easy as the previous ones. Thanks again for your patience!
Old 12-16-2006, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Happy_Dan
Mine showed up too. Thanks very much. They are all that they have been said to be. Very nice work!

Let me know if you end up with another batch. I will try to sell some more for you.
Thanks Dan, I'm glad you like them, and I always appreciate referral business.

Originally Posted by SpeedSpecialty
Glad you guys are happy, this GP was not as easy as the previous ones. Thanks again for your patience!
No, this one was a bit rough. I think the Thanksgiving holiday added about a week to our delivery time and all of the shops were busy which cost us a few days here and a couple there. This batch really took a long, long time. I still can't see exactly where all the time was lost, but it was surely lost somewhere along the way. I apologize for all the delays. And, I'm glad to hear that they were worth the wait and that you're pleased with the kits.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:56 PM

a word of advise to everybody before you start cutting, make sure that the metal "dust" does not get onto the cars paint, because it will stick into it, making one hell of a problem. i should know, because i have to find a way to remove the metal dust from mine

looks like ill be wetsanding
Old 12-18-2006, 09:51 PM

Did you use a bit of oil on the blade when cutting? It helps to keep the dust down and keep the blade and the metal that's being discharged a bit cooler so it's less likely to stick to the paint (and your blades last longer). I can't say I've had anyone mention that being a problem before, but I could see how it could happen.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:11 PM

ill prob end up using a cutoff wheel then
Old 12-19-2006, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by cjmatt
ill prob end up using a cutoff wheel then
You'll be better off with a sawzall, or some type of saw. The cutoff wheel discharges material at much higher temperatures and throws it farther than a saw does. I'd expect that it would have more of a chance of embedding stuff in your paint. If you use a saw blade and keep oil on it, you shouldn't have any problems (at least not in most cases). The oil cools the material so it's not hot enough to stick in the paint.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by trackbrackets
Did you use a bit of oil on the blade when cutting? It helps to keep the dust down and keep the blade and the metal that's being discharged a bit cooler so it's less likely to stick to the paint (and your blades last longer). I can't say I've had anyone mention that being a problem before, but I could see how it could happen.
No i didnt use the oil, i was using an electric grider with a cut off wheel. Its real thick tho, so it put allot of metal dust in the air.

afterwards i tried to wash it off, but the metal was stuck in the paint, once it got wet and dried, you could see where it turned brown from rust. i ended up wetsanding the whole car and buffing the shine back, major pita

good tip with the oil and a sawzall, If i were to do it again i would have used tha saw