Supporting Vendor Group Purchases and Sales GPs/SALES CAN BE MADE BY SUPPORTING VENDORS OF THIS SITE ONLY!

Final chance at getting a set of Bob Bishop C5 to F-body Brake Conversion Brackets...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 02:28 PM

Originally posted by lateapex
The bracket kits were all shipped to Speed Specialty today. The estimated delivery date to them is 5/6/04. Speed Specialty will be making the individual shipments to you all.

Happy braking.

Bob
DAYAM!!!! This thread started almost a month ago. I bought in over 3 weeks ago and up till this announcement, I had almost forgotten I ordered this stuff LOL So maybe by my B-Day (May 29) I will have C5 brakes on LOL Happy Birthday to me.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:02 PM

Originally posted by Rottluver
DAYAM!!!! This thread started almost a month ago. I bought in over 3 weeks ago and up till this announcement, I had almost forgotten I ordered this...
I am sorry if the expected delivery will not meet your needs. I am sure that Speed Specialty will be glad to refund your payment if that would be best for you.

I posted in this thread on 4/20, “The peener just told me that he should be able to have them finished by 4/28. It takes me 2-3 days to do final QC, package the sets individually, and package the master cartons. So, there is a good chance that I will be able to ship them out to Speed Specialty by 4/30.”

It took the 3 days rather than the 2 to finish final QC and do all of the packaging. So, I was not able to ship them on Friday, 4/30, and shipped them on the next ground shipment day, Monday, 5/3.

Sorry for any inconvenience to anyone.
Bob
Old 05-03-2004, 03:07 PM

Originally posted by lateapex
I am sorry if the expected delivery will not meet your needs. I am sure that Speed Specialty will be glad to refund your payment if that would be best for you.

I posted in this thread on 4/20, “The peener just told me that he should be able to have them finished by 4/28. It takes me 2-3 days to do final QC, package the sets individually, and package the master cartons. So, there is a good chance that I will be able to ship them out to Speed Specialty by 4/30.”

It took the 3 days rather than the 2 to finish final QC and do all of the packaging. So, I was not able to ship them on Friday, 4/30, and shipped them on the next ground shipment day, Monday, 5/3.

Sorry for any inconvenience to anyone.
Bob
Easy there Bob, I wasn't bitching, I was happy. I must have not put enough smilies at the end of my post to be noticed. I was just saying that I had let this mod slip my mind and your post reminded me of it and that IS A GOOD THING!!!!!

Pkease don't misunderstand my happiness as a complaint. I realize that it is very difficult to express emotion in the written word, but that is why I used the smilies on the end. I am sorry you took this the wrong way. I surely DO NOT want my order refunded, I cannot wait to get the brakes on my car and I need the brackets to do that LOL Hence the statement about "Happy Birthday to me." I am going to pay for the install as my present to myself........................I guess next time I will just remain silent and celebrate alone.

Darrin
Old 05-03-2004, 03:08 PM

bob, no need to apologize. we all owe you thanks for doing this. rottluver wasn't complaining. thank you from everyone
Old 05-03-2004, 03:12 PM

Originally posted by 2MCHPWR
bob, no need to apologize. we all owe you thanks for doing this. rottluver wasn't complaining. thank you from everyone
Yeah yeah, what he said!!!
Old 05-03-2004, 03:56 PM

May 25th bday here
Old 05-03-2004, 04:11 PM

Originally posted by Geoff Chadwick
May 25th bday here
Cool, we can party together.........from Long Distance LOL
Old 05-03-2004, 04:15 PM

And I've got a friend with a bday on May 26th!

Rock on. And yes, I would like an additional set if a third batch is made many moons from now
Old 05-03-2004, 04:21 PM

Originally posted by Geoff Chadwick
And I've got a friend with a bday on May 26th!

Rock on. And yes, I would like an additional set if a third batch is made many moons from now
I also belong to a group called West Coast Pontiacs and the first chick I met from there also has a 5/29 B-Day, so that made for a good start.

I am going to have to stick with my one set of adapters, I just sold my '00 T/A so all I have left is my '02.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:47 PM

Thanks for making one last batch Bob, and answering all my fitment questions!!!
Derek
Old 05-03-2004, 06:08 PM

Lightbulb

Everyone, as soon as I get the shipment from Bob, I will organize them and send them out more than likely via FedEx. I will keep everyone posted.

Also...look what I found!
http://www.camarossworld.com/Technical/Brakes/C5/

I think this shows what the older version of Bob's brackets look like. Not to mention, a decent reference guide for installation.

Thanks to Bob and everyone involved. I know this was not easy on any of us.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:08 PM

Originally posted by SpeedSpecialty

Also...look what I found!
http://www.camarossworld.com/Technical/Brakes/C5/

I think this shows what the older version of Bob's brackets look like.
Great find.

Yes, those are my second generation steel brackets. Andrew bought those exactly 1 year ago. I wish he had told me about his installation page. It is one of the best photographed install sites I have seen of my brackets, and it is the only one showing where to cut the mounting ear on the LS1 steering knuckles, since Baer took theirs down. Glad you found it for us. You LT1 guys have a little more to remove from your steering knuckles, as you will see.

Here is one of the links I provide in the installation instructions: http://www.projecttransam.com/projects12.asp It shows what needs to be cut from LT1 steering knuckles, although the installation is of a Baer system using the old C4 calipers. The links are for the pictures only. You should follow the step-by-step instructions I provide with the brackets.

Bob
Old 05-05-2004, 05:04 PM

Just an update, I received the brackets from Bob today. I have to go through them and make sure all is intact from the shipping.

Then I will send them out! This may take a day or two to get through.

I will send everyone a tracking number when their order ships.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:19 PM

Cool! I look forward to getting a number - I'll call you guys in the morning, I wish I had gotten onto the fan switch GP, but I'm going to do a little shopping if you're already sending things my way
Old 05-05-2004, 07:16 PM

WOO HOO !!!!!!!!!!

I'm as giddy as a virgin on prom night

Quick Reply: Final chance at getting a set of Bob Bishop C5 to F-body Brake Conversion Brackets...