CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Supporting Vendor Group Purchases and Sales (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/supporting-vendor-group-purchases-sales-35/)
-   -   Arizona Speed And Marine TB GP (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/supporting-vendor-group-purchases-sales-35/arizona-speed-marine-tb-gp-284703/)

CMSDave 07-22-2004 01:16 PM

Arizona Speed And Marine TB GP

In response to the previous thread we will kickoff the AS&M Throttle Body GP.
We need (10) initial orders to make it go through.
I will keep an active count on here so people know if it's going to happen.
I am running this on another board so it should help the numbers.
The GP will run until 8/6/04.
All orders should be delivered by 8/13/04, unless we have an absurd amount of orders that would put AS&M on overtime production.

Price will be $429.97 shipped for 54mm and 58mm sizes.
$479.97 shipped for the Monoblade.
They don't make a 52mm anymore.
702-798-8504
sales@cmotorsports.com
pm's
Let's make this happen.
Dave

Munson 07-22-2004 01:50 PM

Re: Arizona Speed And Marine TB GP

Im in thanks alot dave. awesome deal

CMSDave 07-22-2004 01:58 PM

Remember, I need you guys to call me just like your ordering, to keep my tally straight.
You're welcome Munson.
:cool:

Munson 07-22-2004 02:15 PM

ill call and order mine monday

trans9_5am 07-23-2004 07:33 AM

Im in for the monoblade. Ill call in the next couple of days.

Brandon

JIMS1999CONVZ28 07-23-2004 08:44 AM

I am in, called and left a message to get a return call.
My question is: What is considered Ultra High Performance on the Mono blade?
I have a 12-1 CR, 383 with 6" rods.

The CFM is not that much of a difference.

Jim
PS: I told you I was not going to let the original post die....

CMSDave 07-23-2004 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by JIMS1999CONVZ28
I am in, called and left a message to get a return call.
My question is: What is considered Ultra High Performance on the Mono blade?
I have a 12-1 CR, 383 with 6" rods.

The CFM is not that much of a difference.

Jim
PS: I told you I was not going to let the original post die....

Pure and simple, if it's a naturally aspirated motor spinning hard, every bit helps.
With the monoblade having all restrictions removed in the center, along with you taking out the center post of your manifold, it will only help you.
Their is no blower or turbo to aid you in getting your air, if I was running mine all-motor I would run as big of an intake setup as I could get.

Munson 07-23-2004 11:32 AM

What would you suggest for me.. lloyd elliot will be doing my heads and porting the intake manifold.. He suggested a 52mm but as u said they dont make those anymore.. its a 350 with his le1 cam 226/234

CMSDave 07-23-2004 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Munson
What would you suggest for me.. lloyd elliot will be doing my heads and porting the intake manifold.. He suggested a 52mm but as u said they dont make those anymore.. its a 350 with his le1 cam 226/234

The 54mm will be fine, again, naturally aspirated running hard, get it all the air you can.

The order is at (1) right now.

trans9_5am 07-23-2004 12:01 PM

The one order so far is mine and yes its for the mono-blade :bow: . Put out the extra few bucks and get the mono-blade. Trust me, from talking to all the big dogs with really fast (10 & 9 sec.) N/A cars, the mono-blade is def the way to go. Thanks for all the help dave, and ill keep you posted on how the ole T/A runs by the end of the summer :thumb: .

CMSDave 07-23-2004 12:59 PM

(2) Now

LT4POWR 07-23-2004 02:53 PM

Thanks for putting this GP together. I'll let you know by 8/6/04.

CMSDave 07-23-2004 03:46 PM

(3) Orders

JIMS1999CONVZ28 07-23-2004 03:47 PM

Three orders now, I just ordered the Monoblade.

Jim

TCAL95Z 07-23-2004 07:06 PM

I'm going to be ordering one. I'm trying to decide if I want the mono blade or not.

Did those people you talked to mention what hp that is required for?

Tom

Munson 07-23-2004 07:56 PM

dave, i havent been able to get ahold of lloyd lately.. do you think i should just have him port my intake manifold to fit a 58mm throttle body? How much would that help me on my setup? im already doing the heads/cam and he's going to port my intake manifold but just the inside.. Anyways what do you suggest

CMSDave 07-23-2004 08:18 PM

dave, i havent been able to get ahold of lloyd lately.. do you think i should just have him port my intake manifold to fit a 58mm throttle body? How much would that help me on my setup? im already doing the heads/cam and he's going to port my intake manifold but just the inside.. Anyways what do you suggest

Sent pm on this.
:)

trans9_5am 07-23-2004 10:11 PM

For those who are wondering wether or not to get the monoblade, get the biggest TB you can afford. It will only hurt you if you dont give your heads the amount of air they need to flow up to their potential to make optimal HP. If your TB is able to flow a little more than your engine needs, that only gives you room to grow in the future. If you want a little more info on this, search the advanced tech section because they had a thread about this not too long ago. Of course if you dont have your intake cut out for the monoblade you are not going to see that much of a gain, as goes with the 54 & 58mm.

Lets just make sure we keep this GP going. I think we can get atleast 20 willing customers ;) . Afterall, Cmotors deserves the business for all they do and if all goes well maybe this GP thing will happen more often :bow:

Brandon

CMSDave 07-24-2004 01:11 PM

Orders are up to (4) now.

JIMS1999CONVZ28 07-24-2004 04:33 PM

Call combination and ask.
I was going to say 58mm until I saw you 100 shot.
I am not sure with NO2

JIMS1999CONVZ28 07-24-2004 04:35 PM

I just spoke with Lloyd this morning from his mothers hospital room bed.
Things don't look very good for his mom.
He is going to be taking care of family.

Jim

Robert95z 07-24-2004 04:53 PM

would a monoblade be too much for me? I'll be on stock heads/cam for awhile, untill i buy a daily driver. Could having too big of a TB cause problems? or less potential HP gains compared to the smaller ones?

-Robert

JIMS1999CONVZ28 07-24-2004 04:58 PM

I would call Combination MS and ask, but.... I purchase parts for the finished product in mind as long as it does not hurt performance.
I.E. I got 42 pound SVO injectors on a Cam and LT header car but had to program the chip so it could handle the large injectors, so the DUTY cycle was less than 50 percent. I am not purchasing racing parts twice anymore. If I were you I would go with the Mono and have the car tuned to adapt to it.
Why buy a 54 or 58 tb only to take it off and sell it later for a reduced price and then have to buy a monoblade?
I pretty much knew what I was going to build two years ago, it just too a while to get there.
Just my .02

Jim

arnie 07-24-2004 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by CMSDave
Pure and simple, if it's a naturally aspirated motor spinning hard, every bit helps.
With the monoblade having all restrictions removed in the center, along with you taking out the center post of your manifold, it will only help you.
Their is no blower or turbo to aid you in getting your air, if I was running mine all-motor I would run as big of an intake setup as I could get.

What about the long unsupported span on the shaft, especially when used w/FI? Is there a problem with it flexing and/or bowing?

Munson 07-25-2004 11:54 PM

hey dave how bout doing a gp on bosch/svo injectors also i need some 30#ers and so do alot of other people.. i have another thread for this

CMSDave 07-26-2004 11:02 AM

hey dave how bout doing a gp on bosch/svo injectors also i need some 30#ers and so do alot of other people.. i have another thread for this

I wish I could but that's a tough one.
Everyone sells the SVO's at a very low price.
Jeg's and Summit pretty much own the price on those.
The order number is to (5)
Keep 'em coming.

Don2 07-26-2004 11:46 AM

How do you guys feel the monoblade will respond in roadrace or autocross conditions?

CMSDave 07-26-2004 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Don2
How do you guys feel the monoblade will respond in roadrace or autocross conditions?

What size motor you are running is part of the equation.
The efficiency of the motor at the rpm's you are seeing on the track is another key.
Obviously with road racing, you are in the high rpm range for extended periods of time.
A mono-blade would be an excellent idea if you are running a solid roller 383 that is spinning around 6500-6800 and consuming mad air because of extremely efficient heads.
If you are rolling around in a heads/cam/bolt-on car it's quite a different story.
If you like you can pm me with details on your setup.
Orders are up to (6)

CMSDave 07-27-2004 07:13 PM

Let's get it going you guys, still 6 and holding.
What happened to the 10+ guys on the original thread?

TCAL95Z 07-28-2004 12:00 AM

I'm still trying to find out if the Mono blade is going to work for me.
There just isn't much information on it.

Munson,
I have some 30lb injectors that I was going to use but decided I needed 42 so I'm going to be selling them. Let me know if you are interested I just received my 42's

Steve in Seattle 07-28-2004 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by TCAL95Z
I'm still trying to find out if the Mono blade is going to work for me. There just isn't much information on it.

Here's what I've got on the mono-blade:
  • 1) it looks WAY cool from the front. :metal:
  • 2) you can't tell at all when the bellows is installed. :think:
  • 3) Flow rates on the dual 58mm TB's are higher than any N/A small block could dream of... monoblade MAY flow more for nitrous guys, but we're talking 4-digits hp here. In a boosted application it's pointless again... but in a TB situation it doesn't really matter, can't have TOO much. ;)
  • 4) there is NO idle passage/circuit with the mono-blade design... you'll need to drill the blades for idle air and then hope you can tune out any split BLM's it may cause.:(
  • 5) Automatic guys are really gonna hate either one initally. Some find the 52mm or 54mm is a perfect swap from stock, but by the time you get to 58mm+ the amount of air flow vs. throttle angle (%) is really changing from stock settings. As a result you need to adjust the shift parrameters to avoid soft shifts and burnt converters. Manual guys are unaffected, it just feels "more crisp" or "responsive" as the air flow allowed in is greater for the same part-throttle position you used in the 48mm.
Not saying it's all right, but that's what I've read and it seems to make sense. Granted there's a bigger discount on the mono-blade than the 58mm, but it's still more cash and you inherit the "no idle circuit" issue.

Automatic guys either will require LT1_Edit or Tunercat tuning to get things done... although there WAS some talk of a custom cam to solve the 58mm issue... but I got tired of the calculus involved (shouldn't be too rough though if your good with mathcad). :)

Steve in Seattle 07-28-2004 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by CMSDave
Let's get it going you guys, still 6 and holding.
What happened to the 10+ guys on the original thread?

Had to push it back a few weeks... Getting paid next Friday so if it's still up and available I'm seriously looking at 58mm (broke some hockey gear so I had to dip into my "toys" account :rolleyes: go figure)

wow... just notice the price is listed as SHIPPED. Great deal. :)

TCAL95Z 07-28-2004 01:55 AM

Thats some interesting info,

Dave can you check with AZ S&M and see what they advise being done for idle and BLMs with the mono blade?

If thats true I'm not sure that is going to be for me

Thanks

LT4POWR 07-28-2004 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Steve in Seattle
Here's what I've got on the mono-blade:[*]4) there is NO idle passage/circuit with the mono-blade design... you'll need to drill the blades for idle air and then hope you can tune out any split BLM's

Dave (or anyone else) what's your take on this...
I'm undecided between the 58mm and the Monoblade

Don2 07-28-2004 08:46 AM

The monoblade still uses the IAC. It is just routed to the common plenum. I am going to leave the idle air hole intact at the front of the intake and try mounting a small elbow in there in order to utilize the separate idle circuit.

RealQuick 07-28-2004 01:11 PM

Lets go guys...

I just ordered a monoblade :)

CMSDave 07-28-2004 01:42 PM

Wow, see what a little guilt trip does?
:D
I talked to Ben at AS&M and we pretty much agreed on the setups that should or should not see a mono-blade.
Their are big-block cars that live comfortably with this unit, so it's cfm capabilities are awesome.
We have it on our F1R 383 that pushes just over 800+ to the wheels.
RPM and capacity still dictate the use of one of these.
He and I agreed that if you are a 383 or better living in the upper rpm band consistently, you would benefit form the mono-blade.
A hydraulic 383 making 400 to the wheels is going to live well with a 58mm setup.
The guy who's making 500 to the wheels on his solid roller setup is probably going to take advantage of the mono.
It will most likely take a little from the bottom end torque, but the motor is going to gain on the top end.
A well built, strong pulling setup is going to have gear or stall come into play as well.
I think these parameters are a good guideline:
Bolt-on, H/C cars, 54mm
High RPM or Extended RPM H/C, Hydraulic moderate 355 and 383's, 58mm
Aggressive Hydraulic 383's and beyond, Mono.
This is by no means the rule, just a suggestion.
Orders are up to (8) right now.
If this guideline makes you feel the need to change your order, please feel free to pm me or call.

CMSDave 07-28-2004 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by TCAL95Z
Thats some interesting info,

Dave can you check with AZ S&M and see what they advise being done for idle and BLMs with the mono blade?

If thats true I'm not sure that is going to be for me

Thanks

I was almost going to tell you it was way too much for what you have, and then I saw your forthcoming weaponry.
Nice.
Well, anyone who is gearing up for the task of tuning their solid roller setup, is going to be working a bit on BLM's anyway.
Yes idle charcteristices of the Mono have been a little harder, but it's not like it's a cookie cutter tune for a bolt-on LT1.
Expect a little work for an advantage in flow.

arnie 07-28-2004 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Don2
The monoblade still uses the IAC. It is just routed to the common plenum.

IAC without the IAC circuit in the intake, makes the IAC pointless, or, without function. IOW, IAC circuit (in intake) is part of the package. Without it, the IAC doesn't function as oem intended.

arnie 07-28-2004 06:10 PM

I emailed AS&M (Ben) the first part of the week, regarding the reason for the omission, of the oem IAC circuit, in the TB. Fail to understand the logic. No reply as of yet. Appears it will take a phone call.