South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

Who has an F-body with N2O purge valves?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 07:26 PM

Who has an F-body with N2O purge valves?

Encountered a 93-97 off-green (Chameleon?) F-body on I-4 yesterday around 5-5:30PM. They were heading eastbound when I passed them, and continued eastbound when I got off at Maitland. For the life of me I can't remember if it was a Pontiac or Chevy. I just recall thinking that based upon the rear-end when I initially passed them that it was the LT1 engine.

I passed them in traffic a few exits earlier, and I saw them coming through traffic to catch me. Had a male passenger, and possibly a passenger in the rear as well. They pulled up on my left and I gave them a thumbs-up. I heard a psst-psst and caught a glimpse of them purging from their cowl. The drived revved the engine

I'm not sure how much extra weight they had in the car, or the size of the shot/bottle. Either they weren't really racing or the bottle emptied pretty quick. Seemed to pull them pretty easily, which I found surprising since they had nitrous. I let them pull up to the left of me again, and I asked if they ran out of nitrous. The front passenger confirmed it. Wish I would've had the cutout open