South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

Traffic School, which one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 09:41 AM

Traffic School, which one?

Hey guys, I need to take Traffic school to get a few points off my license. I got a ticket for Violation of Traffic Control Device: Posted Speed 40/65/40 on my bike(was passing someone and got on the throttle a little bit, oops). I want to get insurance on my bike soon, so I don't want these points on there when I apply. What is the best/cheapest traffic school to go to? Also, do I need to complete it before I pay for the ticket? I've seen you can do some online, so I'd like to do that if I can. I have seen some that seem cheap but then another ad said that some places have hidden fees and crap like that.

The other thing I thought about is maybe I should take the ticket to court and plead no contest and just ask them to drop the points if I pay the fine? I know I was in the wrong, I'm not argueing that, I just don't want points on my license. Would this be better than going to traffic school, or should I just not bother with all the court stuff and do the school. I've only taken the school once about 5 years ago. The ticket is only $115, so that's not a problem. The cop's were really nice also, asking me questions about my bike and stuff.

Opinions?
Old 05-17-2005, 10:02 AM

Re: Traffic School, which one?

I went to one 35 bucks 3 hrs of watching videos and a guy giving you answers to questions like if you smoke pot is it safe to drive.. It was boring but we had a dinner break lol... Mine was in a hotel in cocoa so idk much about the online courses but since you got a ticket there should be ads coming to you in the mail before you pay the ticket or at least i got swamped with them it erased all my points
Old 05-17-2005, 10:03 AM

Online... You have to leave the window open for certain periods of time I woudl sit and shoot cops in grand theft auto, then go back and do the class.

Becareful I hear there are new ones that ask you a question like every 2 min, to make sure you are at the computer.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:37 AM

Online is the way. That way you can do it at midnight or whatever. You cannot blow through it quickly though, you are required to spend a certain amount of time on each portion. You can however, log off and log back on to pick up where you left off if you want to do it over a couple of days.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:47 AM

Any links? I accidenty threw a few of the ads away that came in the mail. Oops. Hopefully more will come.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:48 AM

I also heard you can rent one form blockbuster or something.

that woudl be cool, probably don't even have to watch the 4 hours of vids...
Old 05-17-2005, 11:47 AM

This online course is $30

http://www.gototrafficschool.com/courseprice.cfm

This one is $25

http://www.onlinetrafficschoolus.com

This is also $30

http://www.trafficschoolonline.com/

From my experiences in court most people that go either try to fight the ticket (and most of them lose) or they ask to pay the fine and be able to take driving school (if more than once in 1 year)-I would recommend just taking the class.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:13 PM

I've done the Blockbuster rental one. Aside from being just a nuisance having to do it, it was a piece of cake.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:39 PM

Mike which agency gave you the citation? and was it a motorcycle cop?
Personally I would take the ticket to court and hope the cop doesn't show up. If the cop shows up, plead no contest, ask the judge for no points and ask for a withhold on adjudication. 9 out of 10 times if you plead no contest the judge is gonna automatically give you no points, and a withhold of adjudication (providing your driving record isn't crappy). Then his going to give you the fine amount. You CAN ask the judge if it's Orange County court (not sure about Seminole) to do community service instead of paying the fine. If you have to pay the fine, you can also ask for an extension - instead of 30 days to pay ask for 90 days.

If you just want to take the school, I would rent the video from Blockbuster, I have rented it and watched it... it's pretty simple but they throw things in the video to make sure you are watching it.... after each chapter of the video, you log on to the website and answer questions. They also keep track of how much time lapses between chapters so you can't just do all the chapter tests in one log in. Any other questions just email me.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:46 PM

i did this one http://www.trafficschoolonline.com/
4 hour course. and it is in like 8-10 different sections. each section is a different amount of time and u have to sit through it. or click on it, browse the internet in another window and comeback to that one, and answer the few ?'s they have for u.
id recommend that one since i did it, and there was only one hidden fee. u can have it sent in the mail for free. or if u want they can email it to u, and that cost 10 bucks. so that would be the only hidden fee
Old 05-18-2005, 07:28 AM

Well they finally got ya... We should go for a ride this weekend. Check out the changes on the bike I have made.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:55 PM

Just get a lawyer and dont worry about it.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:30 PM

i took it online w/ my roommate. he got a ticket the day after me. he brought his laptop and we hooked the xbox up in my room and played halo all day. we had to keep and page open for a certain amount of time. some as short as 10 min or as long as 45 min. you could also close the website and it would save where you left off.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:04 PM

Can't do it this weekend, going to a wedding in CT. But we will definetly have to go for a ride.

As far as the school, I'm going to do one of the online ones next week. I'll look at the websites you guys posted and find the best looking one. I don't want to bother taking it to court just because I'll end up having to take time off work and all that, it'll just be too much of a hassle.