South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

RIP: FHP officer -- used tree to cut z28 in half :-(

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 04:24 PM

Re: RIP: FHP officer -- used tree to cut z28 in half :-(

Yes I can. Wouldnt like it. Would fight it, but I have no problem with his charges.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:41 PM

Man this guy needs a lawyer bad. Go out to bang a couple gears and ends up up the river.

For everyone on this board who has ever broken a law with your car or bike, understand how easy it is to get charged with anything the DA would like. Unless you have money to get yourself out.

At least we are all safe from the racer
Old 11-03-2004, 08:03 AM

I thought his car lost control due to a blown tire? How is that directly the Motorcyclist's fault?

Last edited by Anderson; 11-03-2004 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Anderson
I thought his car lost control due to a blown tire? How is that directly the Motorcyclist's fault?
it shouldn't be

it is more the tire maker's fault, or whoever possibly dropped road debris onto the road ... but not some guy who has no idea the cops are chasing him.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:30 PM

Well I'm not sure if he knew he was being chased or not. Either way, the FHP was weaving in and out of traffic at over 100MPH too. Even using the emergency lane which as we all know is full of debris and ripple edging. If anything I think the FHP guy should have been more responsible for endangering the lives of others by driving in such a manner. Instead, he's a hero. Blah! But the biker being charged with manslaughter is absolute BS. They probably won't be able to make that one stick but charged him with it just because of all the publicity. If a tourist ran me off the road nothing would be done about it! But let a cop wreck while trying to chase you down and you're a murderer. It's always blown out of proportion when the popo gets involved. Just watch Cops. It's amazing how often they "narrowly escape certain death in the line of duty!" lol (not that I wish to make light of the law enforcement proffession. Some are bad, many are good. But most seem to have a "better than thou" attitude.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by 2002Z28SSConv
Well I'm not sure if he knew he was being chased or not. Either way, the FHP was weaving in and out of traffic at over 100MPH too. Even using the emergency lane which as we all know is full of debris and ripple edging. If anything I think the FHP guy should have been more responsible for endangering the lives of others by driving in such a manner. Instead, he's a hero. Blah! But the biker being charged with manslaughter is absolute BS. They probably won't be able to make that one stick but charged him with it just because of all the publicity. If a tourist ran me off the road nothing would be done about it! But let a cop wreck while trying to chase you down and you're a murderer. It's always blown out of proportion when the popo gets involved. Just watch Cops. It's amazing how often they "narrowly escape certain death in the line of duty!" lol (not that I wish to make light of the law enforcement proffession. Some are bad, many are good. But most seem to have a "better than thou" attitude.

I agree. Any competent lawyer is going to make the DA look like a fool in court when this is tried. And I'd be willing to bet that it's going to be something along the lines of what Anasazi says about "well let's just charge GM with manslaughter because the Camaro wasn't built to be able to gracefully lose a tire at high triple digit speeds."
Old 11-12-2004, 09:46 AM

My money is they will make him an offer of minimal jail time and a huge fine and community control. Scare him into thinking that a conviction will mean a life sentence.
He will be wise to take that deal. Run from the cops and pay the price. Period.