South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

Paging: Chuck

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 05:40 PM

Paging: Chuck

Howdy I was wondering if you could clarify some of the MSCC rules for me. Specifically on car classifications.

1. In a month or so I'm selling my headers and going back to stock exhaust manifolds. Now normally I would probably be allowed to go back to GTS but my car will still have 98+ front brakes and a 3.42 rear end out of a 95 TA. Since there is no update/backdate allowed in stock classes I'm still in GTP correct?

2. What is the policy on mods that are not specifically mentioned in the rules? For instance parts like subframe connectors, STB's, aftermarket shifters, seatbelt harnesses, etc...

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2003, 07:22 PM

I think you might have been able to get away with, the 3.42s, since there are 6-speed, lt1s with them, but they are picky. The brakes I think are a no give thing...

I was wondering but pretty sure they would be against me being stock if I went down to...

-1le tranny mount
-1le sway bars
-lt1 driveshaft
-Stock 97 rear end with 3.42s, and LSD and 4-wheel brake conversion
-and a stock 96 z28 catback exhaust.

My understanding is anything that modifies it from stock... But I think SCCA may allow some things...

I have thought about jsut removing my STB, and adding an Airbox, maybe they wouldn't know and I could claim stock

I wouldn't mind GP as much if it was split up race tires, and street tires...
Old 02-19-2003, 07:48 PM

You've checked the online rulebook right? Pretty much the only change you're allowed while in stock class is brake "pads/shoes". I think you might be able to get by with a mildly modified alignment. But show up with the outside edge of your tire lifted off the ground and expect to be put in prepared class. If there was an option to have a specific upgrade from the facrory, such as 1LE suspension parts, you're allowed to add those. But the parts have to be actual OEM parts and they have to be available to other cars like your own from the dealer. For instance, a V6 with 1LE suspension is still prepared because 1LE wasn't an option on V6 cars. A Z28 with SLP level1 suspension is in prepared. That option was only for the SS from the dealer. Make sense?

SFC's will definately knock you out of stock class.
I got away with a STB because it was an SS SLP option. You won't.
The shifter depends. A short throw shifter will put you in prepared but if you don't say anything they won't notice. And I wouldn't feel too guilty about doing this because it won't give much of an advantage anyway. You usually shift once, 1st to 2nd, and that's it.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:25 PM

Thanks Chuck, thats what I figured. Yes, I've checked the online rulebook but its sorta vauge in some areas.

I think you misunderstood me though, I didnt plan to add SFC's and a STB while trying to stay in stock. I know better than that I was just thinking ahead and wondering if those mods (SFC's in particular) would bump me up a class even higher than prepared (like in the SCCA).

Are you moving up to GTP soon? I know you were talking about spring/shocks so I hope so. More people in that class would be nice....
Old 02-19-2003, 09:35 PM

Originally posted by MustangEater82
I think you might have been able to get away with, the 3.42s, since there are 6-speed, lt1s with them, but they are picky. The brakes I think are a no give thing...
Yes, 3.42's were available with 6 speed LT1 cars but not in 93. My car originally had 3.23's so the gears are techincally a 'mod'. Same deal with the brakes, they are OEM parts just not for my model year.

None of its really important to me anways, I was just curious. I know darn well I'm going to get my butt licked no matter what class I run in

My understanding is anything that modifies it from stock... But I think SCCA may allow some things...
Yea, the SCCA allows a few more mods in stock. Basically you can change shocks, front swaybar, tires, rims (as long as they're stock size), and alignment settings.
Old 02-20-2003, 01:26 AM

The question is do you think they would let me get away with an exhaust leak that looked like a cutout?
Old 02-20-2003, 08:53 PM

The question is do you think they would let me get away with an exhaust leak that looked like a cutout?
SCCA wouldnt care, anything behind the cat is fine. Dunno about MSCC tho, probably not...
Old 02-20-2003, 09:02 PM

DOH!

what if said "exhaust leak" is in front of the CAT.
Old 02-21-2003, 01:31 AM

DOH!

what if said "exhaust leak" is in front of the CAT.
You're screwed

http://moutons.org/sccasolo/Rules/stock.html#s13

13.10 Engine and Drive Train

E. Any part of the exhaust system beyond (downstream from) the header/manifold or catalytic converter, if so equipped, may be substituted provided the system meets the requirements of 3.5. Stainless steel heat exchangers are permitted only if the physical dimensions and configuration remain unchanged. Modifications of any type, including additions to or removal of, the catalytic converters, thermal reactors, or any other pollution control devices in the exhaust system are not allowed and the system must be operable.
Old 02-22-2003, 06:12 PM

They'd just put you in prepared as far as I know.

I'm running GTP as of last month. I now have Victoracers. Let me know if you ever want to try them out.
Old 02-23-2003, 03:46 AM

ooooohhh... Victoracers.....

still have your AVS intermiieates, they still have treak, sorry f-ed at momtnet?
Old 02-23-2003, 08:24 AM

ooooohhh... Victoracers.....

still have your AVS intermiieates, they still have treak, sorry f-ed at momtnet?
A little drumked ary wie?

I think you were trying to ask if I still had the Yoko AVSi's and if they had tread. If I'm wrong let me know.

I do still have them. I'm saving them for rainy days when the Victoracers won't work as good. They do still have a nice amount of tread for race tires, about 1/3 to 1/4 original tread depth.
Old 02-23-2003, 05:44 PM

hehe actually my girlfriend is out of the country... Think we could put the Victoracers on her cavalier, I think f-body rims fit.

Jsut wondering if I could send her a pic of me 3 wheeling her car

Might be hard, it is OEM suspension with ~75k on it.

I been trying to save for a set, jsut things come up, its a hard goal to aim for such a large lump sum of money.

Last edited by MustangEater82; 02-23-2003 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:12 PM

and yes I was a little tipsy last night.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:57 PM

Originally posted by 2002Z28SSConv
I'm running GTP as of last month. I now have Victoracers. Let me know if you ever want to try them out.
Uh oh, Chuck is on real tires! So do you have Warren Justice scared yet?

Thanks for the offer, I'll definately have to take you up on it if I ever get out there again

Quick Reply: Paging: Chuck