South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

Moving to the Orlando Area in a Few Months(MAR/APRIL)...Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 10:33 AM

Moving to the Orlando Area in a Few Months(MAR/APRIL)...Suggestions?

My gf is going to be attending a cosmetics/make-up school in Orlando starting April '06, and we will be moving over from Ormond Beach(just north of Daytona) It's on Carrier Dr., sort of southwest of downtown Orlando. We've checked out a ton of apartments online, and spent a little time checking some of them out in person. After the holidays are over we plan to really crank up our search.

I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions for that area of Orlando. Personally, I would like to live a little more east, as it would make any trips to the beach that much easier. I have a few friends already living in Orlando, but most of them live near UCF, which seems to be a decent hike from her school(30 mins or so). Living in between the two could be an option as well.

Anyone have any places I should definitely check out, or definitely stay away from, in the southwest/southeast Orlando area? We don't need anything extravagant, just something safe and decently priced. We're concentrating on larger, 1bdrm type layouts.

TIA.

Old 12-22-2005, 10:50 AM

Re: Moving to the Orlando Area in a Few Months(MAR/APRIL)...Suggestions?

orlando is awesome. its the best of both world. not too hot, not too cold...just right. the night life is booming, and the city is growing at a great rate!

good luck!
Old 12-23-2005, 06:40 PM

Re: Moving to the Orlando Area in a Few Months(MAR/APRIL)...Suggestions?

Haveing lived all over Orlando I would say to try and find a place by the Orlando International Airport. Prices are cheaper(somewhat). Definately less traffic,crime and its close to all the major highways(417,528,I-4,408). About 35-40 minutes to the beach,attractions,etc.

Russell
2006 C6 Vette LBM