South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

Good Reading...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 07:13 AM

Good Reading...

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...650#post345650

HAAAAAAAAAA BLAAAAAAAA
Old 04-27-2004, 07:25 AM

Honestly... I still like mine better... He has alot of that pupleish look to it.

My car lost alot of the purple look and was a deeper blue once I started getting into zaino... and lots of metallic flake started to show on it(never really knew NBM had it) I guess the guy was going for the purple but I like the way mine looks, its more of a chameleon to lighterblu, to darker blue, to blackish, as opposed to blue and purple.

Like my car...
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...505_8_full.jpg

his car...
http://www.transam02.com/detail/042504/hood2.jpg

here is a pic after my first application of zaino... 3 coats... its with my old crappy camera but the spotlights at OSW show my blue more. Kinda like his lights in his garage.
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...505_3_full.jpg

I admit his car has a nice shine... but then again I am just getting started with zaino, I have ~6 coats fo the actual polish on my car. Mine imporves with layers and tell me if his car will look like this in 2.5 months of only washing it twice. Without keeping his car in that garage(also notice those, trees, I park under them all the time)

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...05_67_full.jpg

And last but not least... his is 2 years newer, and a garaged car while mine is a 100% outdoor car with ~40,000 miles on it.

AND he already had several coats of zaino on his car

Last edited by MustangEater82; 04-27-2004 at 07:40 AM.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:40 AM

For me it is a crusade against Zaino and it's hype by all those who have not tried other products and think they found it all.... Yes it is a great product, but it is not all that. Just trying to help everyone out so they can try zaino and a few others to see what is right for them... For me I can not stress how much I think it was all hype. I wil lgive it an A+ for durability, but shine and feel it gets a B-
Old 04-27-2004, 07:49 AM

I might be able to contest shine... I have been impressed with lots of other products but this is hard to judge, its all opinion and even harder over the net, but feel?

I will argue that one with you as well....

Wait till Nov-Jan... when I move into my g/fs townhouse that is being built and I get a garage...

I will putting on a few coats of zaino every weekend, to improve the feel more so then it has now, I will however contest my smoothness is not as good as it was 2.5 months ago when I first did it. The car is still smooth as hell but it when you rub your hands on it, it now makes a screeching noise it never used to do.

I think the smoothness feel lasted roughly a month or so...I remeber my car being covered in pollen at a Sonic's meet and we dusted off a spot and still felt smooth as hell...

But right after a full ziano treatment, it has a smoothness and feel that if GOD himself were to sit on the hood of your car he would slide right off the front and land on his butt. There is some Zaino Zeolot bate for ya....

I need to dig up that webpage where the Zaino guys tested all the major super polish/waxes and found zaino to be the smoothest, and that was only with one coat of Z2

Last edited by MustangEater82; 04-27-2004 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:39 PM
Banned

i've seen my meguiar's wax right next to drew's car with freshly applied zaino ... two exact same cars ... and i couldn't really tell the difference

now, after a week or two the meguiars comes off, but its still not terrible especially after i only paid like 8 bucks for it compaired to drew's $100+ for zaino
Old 04-27-2004, 01:08 PM

I got the Wolf Gang Kit and It feels much smoother to the touch and shines much nicer on my red car. The only Zaino products that I have come to like are:

Glass Polish
Quick Detail
Leather Care

Other than that once my supply is gone I am done with it till a new version comes out and I will try again when what I am using runs out.

It just is not really smooth, ya it is slick, but not smooth.. Also with me owning a garage and the car is almost always under covered parking there is a lot better out there for what I want…

I also like the Enzineete polish to remove swirls... Nice stuff IMO...
Old 04-27-2004, 05:23 PM

Originally posted by MustangEater82
Honestly... I still like mine better... He has alot of that pupleish look to it.

My car lost alot of the purple look and was a deeper blue once I started getting into zaino... and lots of metallic flake started to show on it(never really knew NBM had it)
Your car lost the purple look after the Zaino?

NBM will look purple if the light hits it directly or from a certain angle and it will look like regular navy blue if the light isn't strong.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:36 PM

Originally posted by SFB767
Your car lost the purple look after the Zaino?

NBM will look purple if the light hits it directly or from a certain angle and it will look like regular navy blue if the light isn't strong.
I know what you mean...

The purple doesn't really show as much... it used to show alot and almost everyday but the purple is not as prevalent as it used to. I think maybe its there but just not as noticeable, I'll get some opinions tonight at the meet.

BTw, my boss and a handyman that comes by were asking me about where to get my zaino...

As for zaino... I doubt drew Spent $100+ I spent $85, and I think I have more stuff then drew.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:08 PM

Tell them to try Poor Boys or Wolf Gang first.... Heck even Klasse...
Old 04-28-2004, 10:06 PM

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...617#post346617
Old 04-28-2004, 10:18 PM

Definitely good advice in their but not really sure how it says not to use zaino but to use otehr stuff....

I liked the suggestion to try different layers of Zaino on different parts of the car to see what works best for you, I think maybe I jsut got lucky with my first choice, I snagged off of www.installuniversity.com 's F-body detailing instructions.

Also they did say Zaino worked great on dark cars but on lighter cars like silver to try other things...

Maybe thats why I like it so well since I have one of he deep dark colors
Old 04-29-2004, 06:19 AM

I've been using Zaino for 7 years. If is best on dark cars, it can be a PITA to initially apply but the weekly maintainance is less. with 25 years of detailing experience, for the hard core enthusiast, nothing beats Zaino when you use the entire system. Others will still work well, but if you want the extra edge, Zaino will give it to you.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:21 AM

Unfortunatley I still have never seen a Zaino shine that wowed me...
Old 04-29-2004, 04:42 PM

I really need to invest in some good wax, cleaner, etc. I have two black cars and hate waxing them. I buffed my 2000 about a month ago, and the shine has come back, but I know it could be much better. Eric, your car does always look clean... hard to believe you've only washed it twice lately.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:12 PM

Originally posted by 86 IROC
I really need to invest in some good wax, cleaner, etc. I have two black cars and hate waxing them. I buffed my 2000 about a month ago, and the shine has come back, but I know it could be much better. Eric, your car does always look clean... hard to believe you've only washed it twice lately.
Twice in the last 2 and a half months...

thats why I jizz my pants over the stuff so much.

Quick Reply: Good Reading...