South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

FS: 2003 Mustang Cobra in Central FL

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

FS: 2003 Mustang Cobra in Central FL

Hey Guys,

I know I've seen some around here talk about maybe picking up a Cobra to play around with. Well, my buddy wants to reduce his bills a bit and is selling his mint 2003 Cobra. It has mods and is fast as heck but he drives the car like a grandma and freaks if a leaf gets in his interior... basically he cares for the car very good

Car has around 480 to 490 rwhp It has not been to the dyno since the pulley and chip mods but those are the estimated numbers from Kenne Bell.

Here are the details...

2003 Mustang Cobra

25K miles

Black w/charcoal interior, light gray seat inserts.

Outside/inside/under hood is like new.

Mods or things done to it:

All new brakes, turned rotors and new pads
Billetflow pulleys, 3 idlers, 2.93 blower pulley, new belt
C&L cold air kit
2.5" high flow h-pipe w/cats
2.5" flowmaster catback w/FR500 dual mode mufflers
Pro 5.0 shifter
Kenne Bell chip
AFCO intercooler heat exchanger
Nitto tires, like new
tinted windows
Trac Ready module to keep traction control "off", unless selected
Steeda billet quadrant, firewall adjuster, adjustable clutch cable
New correct motorcraft plugs installed

It runs/drives perfectly...the car doesn't need
ANYTHING..

$27,500

If you are interested in talking to the guy, shoot me an email to bfranker@tampabay.rr.com and I'll put you in contact with him.

Here are some pics...
http://www.brentfranker.com/gallery/album141

Last edited by Brent94Z; 01-20-2005 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:50 PM

Re: FS: 2003 Mustang Cobra in Central FL

I understand its modded but for the price you can pick up a 03-04 w/ a few thousand miles
Old 01-20-2005, 06:58 PM

Don't ya love it when you try to help somebody out and people want to tell you you're asking too much? If it's too much I won't buy it. But out of courtesy I don't talk others out of buying it either.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Antz97ZNJ
I understand its modded but for the price you can pick up a 03-04 w/ a few thousand miles
I'm just relaying info

I know he found it somewhat difficult to find an 03 that wasn't ragged out. This one is near perfect and he has a lot of money in mods. If he doesn't get it he'll either keep it or come down in price later on. It would be foolish for him to come down a lot on his price after having it for sale for only 1/2 a day
Old 01-20-2005, 08:51 PM

i've done enough cars now, that i look for a car WITH the mods I want, instead of buying the car, then dumping a ton on mods, then losing my butt when i sell the car with the mods on it.

this tuned & proven package would be much better than TRYING to find a car in this good a shape, then putting all the time & effort into getting the mods on & tuned.

i want a toy.....with no payments...
Old 01-20-2005, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Antz97ZNJ
Why are you always such a freaking jackass Antz? You're not even in the right section of the board, but you feel the need to come in and tell someone that they're asking too much for their car. If someone wants to list that price for their car, it is their perogative, whether or not you think the price is right. There is absolutely no good reason to come in here and try to discourage people from buying a car from someone you don't know.

I can't believe you haven't learned this kinda crap after being on this board for over 4 years.

And to Brent, I hope your friend sells the car. That is a damn nice Cobra and is a great price for the miles and mods listed, especially for the shape it's in.

Old 01-20-2005, 11:01 PM

hey brent,
you ought to try to get over to Ocala saturday night, there is somewhat of a sizeable gathering of cars at the sports authority parking lot, i will have my car out there and my buddy will be there with his 383 LT1 vette. several quick f-bodies usually come up there.

sorry for the thread hijacking
Old 01-21-2005, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by badblackta
hey brent,
you ought to try to get over to Ocala saturday night, there is somewhat of a sizeable gathering of cars at the sports authority parking lot, i will have my car out there and my buddy will be there with his 383 LT1 vette. several quick f-bodies usually come up there.

sorry for the thread hijacking
I'm working the mid shift this weekend so no fun for me

I'll definitely have to get up there and meet some of you guys... just that damn work has me working so much lately it is hard to find time to have fun.

As for the Cobra, it is a very nice car, already tuned as was mentioned... I think it would be difficult to find an 03 Cobra this nice for about any price. As for the price, I'm not up on the Cobra pricing but he bought this not long ago for I believe very close to his asking price BUT he has dumped a lot of money into those mods and isn't really looking to recoup his mod money. As was mentioned, his loss is somebody's gain
Old 01-21-2005, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Camride
And to Brent, I hope your friend sells the car. That is a damn nice Cobra and is a great price for the miles and mods listed, especially for the shape it's in.

I'm sure he'll sell it no problem. Just takes somebody looking for a clean well done Cobra and that sucker will be gone. I don't think he has even advertised it yet. I just talked to him and he asked me to put the feelers out for him. He doesn't WANT to sell the car but as we all know, sometimes other priorities win out over our cars