South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

Flying Window Tinters in Longwood - Rude!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 11:58 AM

Flying Window Tinters in Longwood - Rude!!!

Okay, I have what’s a unique situation with the tint job on my car. On one of the windows it turns out the window has a chip in it, which I was unaware of. When they tinted the windows they of course tinted over this chip. From what I can tell, it looked like the tint never adhered properly in that spot, but I am not sure. Either way, I feel that when they went to tint it, they should have notified me that it could be a problem, then I could decide if I wanted it tinted or not. They are professionals and work with windows and tint everyday. I feel with their level of expertise they should know when such may be a problem.

I would rather have not paid the 200 bucks to get tint, if the risk was probable that it would not be able to be done properly. If I had chosen to go ahead and tint it at that point, and it tore, then it would be my fault. But I consider it their responsibility to notify me ahead of time there may be a problem. Similar to when you go to get your brake pads replaced, and they tell you your calipers are sticking. If you don’t fix it, the pads wear quickly and need replaced again. If you were notified that could happen, then it is your fault. If the mechanic did the job knowing it could be a problem, without telling you, that is poor service on his part...

However this was not the biggest problem I had today when I went to get it fixed. The problem I had was the condescending attitude the guy there had with me. Laughing at me for even thinking he should attempt to accommodate me, and then when I disagreed with him he did not just raise his voice, he was flat at yelling at me in the parking lot. This situation sucks, because I have had many cars tinted there, and they have historically done an excellent job. However after today’s events, I will never return there for tint work, nor will I recommend them to anyone. I was very courteous to him, and not once attacked him personally, or raised my voice to him. His yelling and ‘finger in my face’ attitude, pissed me off, but I did not reciprocate with the same.

So in closing, I would suggest you not go there for tint work.

The places name is Flying Window Tinters, and they are located in Longwood on 17-92.

Last edited by rokudan; 12-08-2004 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:05 PM

Re: Flying Window Tinters in Longwood - Rude!!!

Thanks for the heads up...
What goes around, comes around eventually. He'll get his.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:17 PM

by the way.....$200 is about $100 too expensive to tint an F-body. Audio Excellence on 436 did my car in 5% for $160
Old 12-08-2004, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by 2002 Z4C
by the way.....$200 is about $100 too expensive to tint an F-body. Audio Excellence on 436 did my car in 5% for $160

Mine was a little more than that but I had to have tint removed and have it removed from the back without messing up the rear defrosters so that was a little more money, plus my windshield is tinted so that was extra...

So $200 for tint on a F-Body is a little high especially since they actually tinted over a chip in the glass without telling you.

Here is a pic of my car tinted.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...o/DSC01250.jpg
Old 12-08-2004, 04:33 PM

Thumbs down Re: Flying Window Tinters in Longwood - Rude!!!

Yeah $200 is excessive. A friend of mine who is amobile window tint guy did mine for $90. That is a "friendly" price, the same job is normally $130. My hatch tinit is one piece vs. 2 or 3 pieces some places do.

Greg, I appluad you for keeping your cool... little did he know he was messing with the kung fu master!
Old 12-08-2004, 04:35 PM

I opted for the ceramic tint which they say does not fade, and does not cause interference with cell phones. I dont care much about the cell phone part, but the non-fading I thought would be worth it.. But no doubt, 2 bills is a hella lot, especially considering the circumstances...

Greg, I appluad you for keeping your cool... little did he know he was messing with the kung fu master!
lol.. Robyn, the chic that was dropping me off, said the same thing...
Old 01-12-2005, 02:59 PM

So does anyone know of a window tinting place around Orlando that uses FormulaOne tint, other than Flying Window Tinters? I am looking to just get the drivers side fixed, and would like the tint to be matched up all the way around...
Old 01-13-2005, 12:10 PM

I've heard that Audio Excellence on 50 carries FormulaOne. Might be worth a phone call to check out. I've taken 4 cars up to Flying Window in Longwood and have been satisfied with each one. Sucks that happened to you.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:33 PM

spread the word on all the local car club sites, everyone who is not "into" cars usually asks someone who is before they tint, and they will have seen your posts.

it's ignorant of them to do a sports car like that.

anyone have problems with Friedman's Jewelers? they treat my wife & kid like CRAP everytime they go in there. i got wife a ring in GA, and they treated her like pooh everytime she took it in (free adjustments for rock replacement policy) and the one up here (SC) gave my kid a LOAD yesterday, she had a $200 ring sized, and she got MAJOR attitude from some heifer.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by LaSSt One
I've heard that Audio Excellence on 50 carries FormulaOne. Might be worth a phone call to check out. I've taken 4 cars up to Flying Window in Longwood and have been satisfied with each one. Sucks that happened to you.
If FWT is the one located next to Cycle Riders and across from Ruben's Tire's, I agree with you. They titnted my car, my brothers and a friends and did a great job on it and were great to me.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Anderson
If FWT is the one located next to Cycle Riders and across from Ruben's Tire's, I agree with you. They titnted my car, my brothers and a friends and did a great job on it and were great to me.
That is not them.. They are in a strip mall next to Burger King on 17-92....

Like said, they have done great in the past... But this incident was just stupid..