South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

Anyone going to the track tonight(11/2)?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 11:49 AM

Talking Anyone going to the track tonight(11/2)?

I'm thinking about taking my Audi out there to run some stock numbers on it, just for fun. I'm not expecting anything mind boggling, especially with only 170hp, but at least with the AWD it should be fun. If anyone else is thinking about heading out there let me know, maybe we can meet up. I haven't been out to OSW in a long time, so it should be nice to make it out there again. I'd take the bike but they require a leather jacket to run, which I don't have(just a textile one).

Anyone up for some runs? Tyler, want to take that beast out and see what it runs? We'll take it easy on it so we don't explode your 10 bolt!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:54 PM

Re: Anyone going to the track tonight(11/2)?

I'm waiting for Funday Sunday to head out there. Plus I haven't gotten my borrowed drag radials yet.

I don't know if Tyler's even gonna even run his car on Sunday. He'd need slicks for it to even have a chance of hooking in 1st or 2nd gear

Good luck and post times
Old 11-02-2005, 01:27 PM

Crazy, I know Tyler's car won't have a good run without slicks, but at least we won't bust his rear! I figured it'd still be fun to run it once or twice just to get an idea of the mph it'd be pulling. Take it easy in first and second and go for the speed once in third. Should still be hitting at least 120mph.

I just hope my Audi does at least 85mph
Old 11-02-2005, 02:48 PM

I really want to but this clutch break in BS sucks ***... 240 miles to go

and I am going to south florida to go fix more stuff at my parents place.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:16 PM

Good luck to everyone, looks like a really nice & clear night. I should be out Funday Sunday with a few friends.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:00 PM

Well, I didn't end up going in case anyone was wondering. I wanted to check my DV before I left and ended up finding it cracked. So I ended up having to JB Weld it until I can get a new one. So no track, at least until I get my new DV in.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:27 PM

Just for the record, OSW is not too strict about the whole leather jacket thing. Granted, I haven't been out there in a while, but I've gone 2 or 3 times with my bike. I wore textile jacket, gloves, helmet, jeans, and some Etnies. I didn't run 120 (slow bike, slower driver) so they may be more strict on you since your bike would surely run 120+ mph, but you could still get a couple runs in before they get too mad at you. I'm thinking I'll be out there next Wednesday weather permitting with my bike. Or my car if the rear end fairy visits my busted *** car in the middle of the night.

Abe
Old 11-03-2005, 08:23 PM

If they'll let me get a couple of runs in, I might take it down next wed to get a couple of runs in on the bike before I sell it. Let me know if you decide to go, it'd be good to have another biker there I can talk to.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:23 AM

Weather permitting, I'll be out there. You will definitely get in a couple of runs. It's OSW, the only time I've ever seen anyone get yelled at out there was when a guy with a can o' beer in his hand was pulling his buddies car forward to keep the line moving. If you have high-top sneakers or boots I'd wear those. You're supposed to have footwear that goes up over your ankle. I just make sure my jeans cover the tops of my shoes.

Abe
Old 11-05-2005, 03:07 PM

I have race boots, so I'm not worried about that. I just thought they'd give me a hassle about not having a leather jacket. I'll try to make it out there next wed, I'll post up if I'm going.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:53 AM

Clear and in the mid- to low-70's. Dropping into the 60's later. I will be there with the bike. Anybody want to meet up?

Abe
Old 11-10-2005, 08:13 PM

I would have, but I got some kind of bug and have pretty sick the last couple of days. Maybe one of these next couple of weeks I'll be able to make it out. I'll be sure to post up if I'm going.

BTW, how did you run? Any good times?

Old 11-10-2005, 08:19 PM

Unhappy Re: Anyone going to the track tonight(11/2)?

Ech, dude, I now own two vehicles that will not get me where I need to go. Abe + free time + tools = bike no workie. I decided to get the bike in good running order so I could run a good time. I cleaned the K & N, clean lube adjusted the chain, checked the oil (it was good), and decided to clean all the goo out of the airbox and gap the plugs. So any guesses as to why it won't start now? The bike turned on & ran for about 10 seconds before it shut off cause I forgot to open the gas tank petcock. So I fixed that, but then it wouldn't run. So I figured out I had the plugs gapped wrong, fixed that. Now I'm guessing it's flooded? I left the plugs out of it for like 8 hours today to let the cylinders maybe air out, but it still wouldn't start tonight. Anyone know how to troubleshoot carbs on a V-twin sportbike?

Abe
Old 11-11-2005, 03:12 PM

Well I was Piddling with the bike and now it works. Now I need to learn Japanese so I can talk to the ****er who designed a fuel pump with two tubes that look identical that both will fit into a vacuum hose. I want to ask him why he is such an *******. I should be out there next Wednesday.

Abe