Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

Questions about the new Classified's system? Ask here!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 10:16 PM

Re: [ADMIN TITLE] Questions about the new Classified's system? Ask here!

Originally Posted by JasonD
That was asked somewhere before (don't recall where), but it seems that people are using the "Automotive Miscellaneous" section for that. Sounds fitting, yes?

That would be me I didn't get a response so I just went about posting it in the miscellaneous section...seems to fit for me
Old 04-16-2006, 11:44 PM
Admin Emeritus

Re: Questions about the new Classified's system? Ask here!

Ad editing is now possible!

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445342
(Read carefully)
Old 04-17-2006, 08:32 AM

Ad editing is now possible!

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445342
(Read carefully)

That is awsome. One problem is the quality of the item. Once you edit it, you loose the quality of the item thing it goes blank, then you don't have the ability to have the instant paypal payment thing available.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by CamaroGuy22
One problem is the quality of the item. Once you edit it, you loose the quality of the item thing it goes blank, then you don't have the ability to have the instant paypal payment thing available.
I am not sure what you are trying to say here. What "goes blank"? Can you please clarify?
Old 04-17-2006, 05:39 PM

I am not sure what you are trying to say here. What "goes blank"? Can you please clarify?
Haha I figured my explanation would be a problem.

Well when you go to edit your classified ad, after you edit it the field that indicates the quality of the item goes blank. Since the quality of the item field is no longer available and blank you are also unable to use the pay now with paypal feature on your classified.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Admin Emeritus

Well when you go to edit your classified ad, after you edit it the field that indicates the quality of the item goes blank.
When you say "goes blank" do you mean there is an empty space there or it is no longer there? There is a difference between the two.

If it is no longer there, that is intentional, as mentioned in the link above. The reasoning for this is this: Someone could list an item that is in bad condition, but mark it as "Excellent". Someone buys it thinking it is in the "Excellent" condtion and the item gets sent to them, and then the seller goes into their ad and changes the quality of the item from "Excellent" to "Poor". When the buyer complains that the item is not in the "Excellent" condition, the *** of a seller can claim that it always said "Poor", screwing the buyer into being confused about it.

Besides, how often would the condition of the item change? If it was a legit situation, the seller can click the "SOLD IT!" link to close their ad, and then start a new one with the correct condition.

you are also unable to use the pay now with paypal feature on your classified.
You mean the "Allow Users to Buy your Ad via Paypal Immediately?" option? That you can, I just tested it. Send me a screen shot of when editing an ad so I can see what you are referring to.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:59 PM

When you say "goes blank" do you mean there is an empty space there or it is no longer there? There is a difference between the two.

If it is no longer there, that is intentional, as mentioned in the link above. The reasoning for this is this: Someone could list an item that is in bad condition, but mark it as "Excellent". Someone buys it thinking it is in the "Excellent" condtion and the item gets sent to them, and then the seller goes into their ad and changes the quality of the item from "Excellent" to "Poor". When the buyer complains that the item is not in the "Excellent" condition, the *** of a seller can claim that it always said "Poor", screwing the buyer into being confused about it.

Besides, how often would the condition of the item change? If it was a legit situation, the seller can click the "SOLD IT!" link to close their ad, and then start a new one with the correct condition.

You mean the "Allow Users to Buy your Ad via Paypal Immediately?" option? That you can, I just tested it. Send me a screen shot of when editing an ad so I can see what you are referring to.
No Jason that is not what I am talking about at all. I read that post, I wasn't trying to change anything. I understand why you wouldn't want the ability to edit the condition of the item. After you do a simple edit of any part of the AD when you go back to view the item in its regular state thee condition of the item goes blank, it goes away after you edit it, as in if you look at the ad under condition: it says nothing. I will attempt to get screen shots I have never done that before.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:02 PM

Here is an example:

http://web.camaross.com/classifieds/...uct=136&cat=11

I went and edited out some typos in the details section of the classified ad. Before I did this the condition said good. Now if you take a look at it, the condition is blank. Since the condition is blank I am not able to use the "pay now" feature either in the thread.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:02 PM
Admin Emeritus

Here is an example:

http://web.camaross.com/classifieds/...uct=136&cat=11

I went and edited out some typos in the details section of the classified ad. Before I did this the condition said good. Now if you take a look at it, the condition is blank. Since the condition is blank I am not able to use the "pay now" feature either in the thread.
Please take a screen shot and e-mail it to jason@camaroz28.com

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2006, 10:09 PM

Please take a screen shot and e-mail it to jason@camaroz28.com

Thanks!

Hey Jason no problem, can you please explain to me how you take a screen shot I have never done that before.

BTW all the other changes you recently made are looking great like the location and posts etc next to the user name in the classifieds section
Old 04-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Admin Emeritus

Hey Jason no problem, can you please explain to me how you take a screen shot I have never done that before.
http://www.iopus.com/guides/screenshot.htm
It would help out a lot. Thanks!

BTW all the other changes you recently made are looking great like the location and posts etc next to the user name in the classifieds section
Glad you like it!
Old 04-18-2006, 12:23 PM

Is there an option for the user to adjust the time in the Classifieds? I checked the "Profile", but couldn't fine anything.

I just posted an ad and the time of the post was 5 hours off: 7.14am instead of 12.14pm.

Other sections of the board show the correct time for me.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by 95GRNZ
Is there an option for the user to adjust the time in the Classifieds? I checked the "Profile", but couldn't fine anything.

I just posted an ad and the time of the post was 5 hours off: 7.14am instead of 12.14pm.

Other sections of the board show the correct time for me.
Thanks, I will check into it. Remember, it is separate from the board, and only integrates into part of it.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:32 PM

http://www.iopus.com/guides/screenshot.htm
It would help out a lot. Thanks!

Glad you like it!

Email Sent!

Taking screenshots is very easy, thanks for that link.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Admin Emeritus

Email Sent!
Thanks for the help, NOW I see what you mean. I thought it was on the screen when you are actually editing your ad. Now it is clear, I am going to try to fix that.

Taking screenshots is very easy, thanks for that link.
You know what makes things easy? Google!

Quick Reply: Questions about the new Classified's system? Ask here!