Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

New section?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 01:57 PM

Lightbulb New section?

After a problem I'm having with my car, I thought "Hey, they need an electric section." I really think that this would be a big help for the site. Some guys are trying to rewire their cars and there are a number of "free mods" that deal with switches and lights on these cars. Just a thought.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Admin Emeritus

Neat idea, I think the General Tech section would be good for that.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Problem is, he's posting his individual problems in up to 4 different threads on three different forums, getting answers from people like Shoebox and myself, and then basically ignoring what we posted and posting the problem somewhere else.

I've asked him repeatedly to stop posting the same topic multiple times on multiple forums, and pointed out for example that his "fuel relay wiring diagram" request belonged on the "Fuel....." forum and not the three other forums he posted on.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Admin Emeritus

Okay, let me clear it up then...

If it is electrical/wiring related to the FUEL section, post it in the FUEL forum.

If it electrical/wiring related to the PCM, post it in the COMPUTER DIAGNOSTICS & PROGRAMMING forum.

And so on...pretty simple.

If it doesn't fit in a SPECIFIC forum like mentioned above, then use the GENERAL TECH forum. Flooding and cross-posting is not the way to go about things. Be patient, you will get the help you need.

Not to mention, there is a LOT of information waiting to be found if you just look around. Just friendly advice with that one.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:53 PM

I posted it in the different sections because it fit in many of the sections. I think that a general "Electric" section would be great, especially for situations like this, refering to the complications of electric systems and the entaglement into the other systems, not my multiple posting.

Injuneer, are you just doing searches for posts created by me? I took the hint, 1 post per problem, thank you.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:39 PM

^ Like they said.. General section would be great for your question. Find the MAIN source of your question and pick a room for it. If you post it and it doesn't hit.... After a while just BUMP or TTT it. If it still doesn't hit... Go to a different board and ask there.

Personally I don't think the electrical section would be used that much. Like Jason or Someone mentioned before... If we add an Desktop computer diag section then people would want Home Theater section, if we add that then they'd want more....