Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

General Tech Section...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 11:16 AM

General Tech Section...

Since this got so long, just read the bold at the bottom for the summary if you aren't that interested. I suppose the admin's would like to know the full story.

I have saw the thread in here about more tech sections and all such as that, and I understand why folks want that, it would be nice...but this is kind of different...

Instead of this being a request to "break-up" a particular forum, I think it would be nice to have a seperate "General Tech" section...under the Powerplant Specific Section, or anywhere an admin would think it suitable.

My resoning behind this is this:
There are some questions that aren't really "Powerplant Specific"...examples :"How do I change the fog light bulbs?" and "What is the size of the lug nuts..." that's just a couple.

There are quite a few q's that fit under this category. The reason I think it would help is because the LT1 tech is the most seen place, but a post is liable to get pushed back a couple of pages, and people get all huffy over it

Some of the ?'s can go in the Appearance Section, but they aren't "TECHNICALLY" an appearance problem always...every other section has it's reasons too.

I am just saying it would be nice to have a place to ask about stuff that is the same on V6's, V8's, and everything F-Body, without it having to be out of place in a particular section of the board.

Thanks, sorry for the length, just trying to be a good suggester.
Old 11-10-2002, 01:51 AM

Pretty soon we'll have a forum that specifically deals with scratching your ***.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by U 8 Dusst
Pretty soon we'll have a forum that specifically deals with scratching your ***.
Hehe...
I agree with the argument that we don't need too many different sections, but I thought something like this one might help...I understand though that we don't need 50 different sections on the same message board.
Old 11-13-2002, 09:23 PM

I agree, but in a bit of a different sense... I think we should have a general tech section where ANY vehicle tech can be discussed... (Domestic only though ). I realize this is a Camaro site, but if you were to go through the lounge and count all the posts like "can someone help me with my 74 Chev 1/2 ton?" I'm sure you'd have enough to fill a few pages. And it would help clean out the lounge.

But contrary to your opinion, I think anything even remotely to do with a camaro should be in proper tech... even if it has to do with lug nuts or alarm systems or whatever.

Last edited by Aneurysm; 11-13-2002 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-19-2002, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

The LT1 Tech/LS1 Tech forums aren't really intended to be questions only related to the LT1 or LS1 engine. That is just the name given to differentiate the 93-97 years vs. the 98+ years. In fact, if you look in the LT1 Tech section right now it is basically what you are asking for. Only probably about 5% of the questions in LT1 tech are specifically related to the LT1 engine. The others are all technical questions about the 93-97 years. If a separate forum were created like you are requesting, your questions would be pushed back just as fast because that would be the high volume section and the engine specific forum would have very few topics.
Old 11-20-2002, 07:39 AM

I suppose this is true Brent...sometimes it just takes someone's outside thoughts to make one realize their own. I do support Aneurysm though and his thoughts on the seperate section for whatever vehicle for the CZ28.C members to use. I understand that it is technically an F-Body Message Board, but it would be a nice help to the members to have somewhere to figure out what might be wrong with their other rides as well. Just one section for this though if it does happen-I'm sure that sometime people would start arguing "We need an appearance section for the General Vehicle Category as well..." and that kind of thing would just have to be shut-down with a NO!

That's my thoughts, I agree with Brent now though on the other. Continue doing what you do (as you wouldn't anyways.)