Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

Chris or jason, server Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 10:26 PM

Lightbulb Chris or jason, server Q&A

Chris or Jason, I like what you guys have done with the site over the years, and you guys have been plenty of help in the car enthusiast area. I would dare to say a leading website in the field. Now woth the but kissing done!

You guys know of anyone that has the skills to run a server? I have a server, I have Hard drive space, I think 20-40gigs Not sure. And I know for a fact I have 300 Gb of bandwidth. I am willing to offer 25% of what my server has in return for Making it idiot proof for me. Basically the will run it, I will pay for it. and All I want is to be able to run 2-4 websites from it. Currently I have one connected to it. And I can connect more. I think the fees are cheap aswell for making new sites, but if you have one and want to transfer I think I can do that for free, just need to modify the dns at the registrar. So anyone with DNS experience and so on would be needed. Also, if they can walk me thru setting up a forum for some older car guys, basically just for them. That would be nice. Other wise, for the same deal I could work out a fee or something. Thanks for any help!
Old 03-09-2003, 12:59 AM

??

Killer I sent you an email. But I am not sure exactly what you are saying.I have a pretty good connection here. And I have a server. I have 3.5Mbitdwn, and 384Kb up. Not the best but it works. and the server is not home based. It's in Texas with redundant Oc3's and a a few more connections. I choose not to remember.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:09 PM
Admin Emeritus

We'd like to be able to help you out, but we are kinda tied up with our own gig.

Consider learning on your own and doing it yourself, if you are intereasted in that.

Good luck!
Old 03-10-2003, 06:00 PM

Doh

LOL, Thanks for the info. I would be willing to learn. But Ignorance is the only word I really know so far. But If I new the books that would allow me to learn what I need to know then I would be able to learn. You happen to have a few suggestions in that area. Thanks