Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Zaino?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 08:04 PM

Zaino?

I was wandering what Zaino is ,and where you get it? I try to keep my car perfectly clean and shiny, but this stuff sounds awsome.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:18 AM

Re: Zaino?

Originally Posted by s10469
I was wandering what Zaino is ,and where you get it? I try to keep my car perfectly clean and shiny, but this stuff sounds awsome.
It's all hyped up. Save your money
Old 05-28-2006, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by zhevy-1
It's all hyped up. Save your money
No hype at all. It does what users say.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:34 AM

zaino is the best stuff i have ever used and i have tried a lot of different waxes/polishes. just check out my pics @www.cardomain.com/ride/2326945/1 and see for yourself. the before pics are on the left top and after pics on the right bottom
Old 05-28-2006, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by 95LT1conv
zaino is the best stuff i have ever used and i have tried a lot of different waxes/polishes. just check out my pics @www.cardomain.com/ride/2326945/1 and see for yourself. the before pics are on the left top and after pics on the right bottom
I second that.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:07 AM

do a search

Zaino is considered by many to be the best

IMO, nearly all top shelf waxes have the same shine - however, the durability of Zaino from my experience is impressive. a lot of it is hype - but hype doesn't just develop out of nowhere....

if you can spare the cash, go for it
Old 05-29-2006, 01:18 AM

its amazing, get it.

cory
Old 05-29-2006, 03:37 AM

I hate to pipe in -but after having finally tried Zaino, I have to say I am disappointed. I've only used 2 waxes on my car, NXT and Zaino.
Sure the Zaino should last longer than the NXT, and seems to create less dust attraction, but it hides NOTHING, IMO.

Sure I have flawed paint -for instance my rear view mirrors are weathered looking. Keeping NXT on them actually looks like it brings the color back, and you'd probably not notice they are weathered. Zaino does nothing to help them.

I followed the instructions off the Zaino Store website to the letter, and the shine is no where near as deep with the Zaino as it is with the NXT. This is after two sets of application -each set was 2 coats of Z5, and a coat of Z2. Z6'ed in between each coat.

Maybe it's the Purple Pearl Metallic color.
Sure I could put 5 different swirl removers and paint conditioners on before Zaino, and 4 different waxes on the top of Zaino, but then what's the point?

I'm not trying to knock the product. I'm just saying it sure is presented as the be all to end all BEST, and I'm just saying FOR ME, it wasn't worth the money. I'm just not happy with the results.

I guess it boils down to the whole sealant versus wax.
My paint requires a wax IMO to look its best.
As such my comments aren't made to be a dig on the product -I'm sure in most conditions it's a decent product. But under my conditions, it was money poorly spent.
I bought into the hype here and elsewhere and made a error in purchasing this product. I wouldn't have even mentioned it out loud if I was out $20. But being out $93.65, I feel the need to say something (which makes me wonder why Zaino doesn't create a real small "mini-Kit1" Include the same items, but in 1/20 of the quantity, at a $20 price tag -there'd be a ton of profit to be made, and people would be more likely to try the product. People that didn't care for the product would probably still use it all up, and while they might be repurchase, they probably wouldn't have naything bad to say about it).

Live and learn I suppose.

I guess I'll be selling the remnants of my ZKit-1 on eBay soon.

Last edited by Lower; 05-29-2006 at 03:46 AM.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:53 AM

Lower, Zaino is NOT a paint fixer. If your paint is bad, Zaino won't fix it. With the exception of Fusion, no Zaino product is designed to remove swirls, scratches, etc. Nor does it claim to. And Fusion will not remove or cover up severe damage, only very light stuff. Zaino will show off any flaws, instead of covering them up like other products. Z5 will, eventually, fill in some swirls and very light scratches, but neither it nor Fusion is a substitute for a professional repair. NXT contains abrasives, which is probably the reason it looks better, as it removes a small amount of paint with each use. With the exception of Fusion, Zaino contains no abrasives. Yes, the better the paint, the better Zaino will make it look. But, people can use what they prefer.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by moparman
With the exception of Fusion, no Zaino product is designed to remove swirls, scratches, etc. Nor does it claim to.
Direct from the Zaino website;

"Z-5 Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches"

"Can be used to fill and hide minor surface scratches, light swirl marks and spider webbing!

...can help fill and hide minor surface scratches, light swirl marks and spider webbing to create a high-gloss, uniform surface without employing harsh abrasives or cheap fillers.

...help mask minor imperfections, scratches and swirl marks, creating a surface that's unlike anything you've ever seen before."

Sounds to me like they claim it can help hide them.
I'm saying in my case, it did not. And that would be why I found the product disappointing.

Just putting my 2 cents in.
I'm sure it's a good product, just not for everyone -which is what everybody around here would have you believe.

Last edited by Lower; 05-29-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

http://www.zainostore.com/

Since nobody else opted to actually tell you where to get it.

Get yourself one of their starter kits.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:27 PM

Z5 will help hide those things over a period of time. Not just a couple of applications. If you can fill the scratches with your fingernail, it's not going to work.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by moparman
Z5 will help hide those things over a period of time. Not just a couple of applications. If you can fill the scratches with your fingernail, it's not going to work.
Well you'd think you'd see some change after 4 applications, but whatever. In your eyes I should be out there putting 153 coats of Z5 on because THEN it'll do the job I was told it was supposed to do. Spare me.

This shouldn't be a point counterpoint. I understand the product works for you, I'm happy for you. You didn't waste $94. Pat yourself on the back and sit back down.
It does NOT work for me. And I'm just saying buyer beware -this isn't a bad product, but there is (just like with any product) a small chance you may not see the results you are promised, and/or be happy with the product.

Again, I have no doubt Zaino is a top notch product that does a great job for the vast majority of people. That does not change the fact that I spent $94 on a product that I will never use again.

Last edited by Lower; 05-29-2006 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:47 AM

Lower, it sounds like you were expecting some kind of miracle from Zaino, like it gives you a new paint job look or something. Stop and think about something, if the product you like "hides" the imperfections, the product is NOT very clear since you can't see through it. Zaino is about 99% optically clear, so it hides nothing, nor does it claim to. As far as minor swirls getting gradually filled in with the Z-5, it does, and does lessen the swirl marks. There have been hundreds of people who have commented how much it helped their finish. I've actually filled a small scratch in, though yes it took several coats on it. But it doesn't "fix" a bad surface. It sounds like your finish is in pretty bad shape.

Since you were expecting a miracle, you're right, Zaino doesn't work for you. Nor does anything else actually, unless you actually fix the bad finish and prep the surface. You didn't mention that you did any of that, which is critical in obtaining the optimum results, regardless of the product you use. It sounds like Lemon Pledge would work best for you, a cheap shine that doesn't last or protect.

Since most every message board for MANY years, every poll ever done on car care products, Zaino always takes over 50% of the votes by itself and I've seen up to 80% that use Zaino. There is a reason.

But Zaino isn't for everyone. It definitely does what everyone says it does, it just isn't the miracle cure for a bad finish that you thought it was. If you are happy with whatever product you like, that is what you should use.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:50 AM

You can get it at www.zainostore.com or a distributor who might be closer to you.

Zaino is a complete line of products. The "polish" (non-abrasive) is actually a synthetic, a blend of polymers. It will even layer, the more coats applied, the better the shine, depth, protection and durability. It is the most durable product on the market. When applied as directed it is also pretty economicall per application.

Quick Reply: Zaino?