Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Viking Microfiber Ultra Towels?? and guys at AutoZone...funny

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 02:12 PM

Talking Viking Microfiber Ultra Towels?? and guys at AutoZone...funny

Went to the local AutoZone today to grab another couple Viking foam app's and some of Meguiar's new "Natural Shine" dash protectant. While there I noticed Viking has some Ultra Towels made from that new microfiber material. Just curious if anyone here has bought any and tried them out? Microfiber is supposed to be the new thing for removing polishes and such.

I tried the Meguiar's Natural Shine when I got home and so far it seems like pretty good stuff. I always found Meg's dash protectants to be good enough for me anyway, much better than ArmorAll or BlackMagic. Anyhow, it leaves a semi-gloss sort of shine and supposedly you can add another layer or two to bump the shine up if you like it that way. I left it at semi-matte instead of eye-blinding. Good product @ $2.99 if anyone wants to try some. The guy behind the register tells me it's good stuff, and I say yeah I'm sure it is b/c I've used nearly all of Meguiar's products in the past with decent results. I tell him I'm using Zaino now and he says, "huh?" LMAO! Oh yeah, it's supposed to have UV protection and a cleaner in it as well, fyi.

Now, on to the funny part. As I was standing there in front of the wall of detailing supplies (pondering all of the junk I had used in the past), a couple middle age guys walk in and start looking for a particular wax/polish. Well, one of them points to NuFinish (in the orange bottle) and says to the other, "that stuff ain't worth a damn." Now, to the average joe who isn't up to speed in the world of high-end detailing, this may not seem funny. But, I nearly cracked up right there. I wanted to tell them about Zaino, but they ended up looking at the Meguiar's Mirror Glaze line and Finish2001. Man, there's a lot of missionairy work to be done (*sighs*)...

------------------
**Mike's 1992 RS 25th**
'92 Camaro RS 25th Anniv. Dark Red Metallic (Brillant Red)/ Flame Red
Flowmaster Crossflow, K&N
JL Audio 3 10", PPI PC2100, Kenwood eXcelon KRC-953 H/U, Kenwood 4x6 Dash, Pioneer 4 way 6x9's
20% 3M Panther Black Tint
Zaino, Zaino, Zaino!

I also love pickin' guitar! My Guitar Site!
Old 12-11-2001, 10:05 PM

Miracle Towel Microfiber Towels are the highest quality microfiber towel in production to my knowledge. ANY microfiber towel would be good though. Also, those towels do extremely well at drying the car. Oh, and the meguiars #40? maybe #36 vinyl and rubber protect works great - of course it also has the uv blocker in it and such. I also use that stuff on my tires and cowl for a natural, clean look (I don't want my tires as shiny as my black car).

------------------
~Will
96 Z28
"fastanuff!"