Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

T-Bar Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 11:54 AM

T-Bar Help

On my Trans Am, the bar in between the T-Tops has faded somewhat in spots. Most people do no notice it, but since it is my car, and I am obsessed with making it look its best, it bothers me. I believe that it happened, when a couple of years ago I took my car to get it detailed and the guy put wax on it. I have tried lots of applications of back to black and have not seen any major improvements. I am wondering do I need to keep at it with the elbow grease and the back to black or is there something else I can use.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:30 PM

Re: T-Bar Help

Well I know this isnt exactly answering your question, but, I have an old one from my last camaro that is in pretty good shape. Its just taking up space in my basement. If you are interested in it you could have it for basically the cost of shipping. let me know.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:11 AM

I have the EXACT same problem on my car too. I figured the only thing I can do is either get over it or have it repainted. I've tried a few polishes but nothing really worked. It bothers me so much too!
Old 07-05-2006, 12:40 PM

Well guys, I looked at it yesterday and it appears to have worked somewhat after I let it set and dry into the material. There are areas, that have shined up as if brand new, and still a few others that need more work. I am going to try some more applications and see how that goes and post back unless anyone has any more suggestions.

xstoyz Well I know this isnt exactly answering your question, but, I have an old one from my last camaro that is in pretty good shape. Its just taking up space in my basement. If you are interested in it you could have it for basically the cost of shipping. let me know.
-Is it an easy replacement?
Old 07-05-2006, 01:47 PM

It was a few years ago that I removed it, so I dont rememeber how hard it was but it looks to be only a few small screws on each side. Next time your t-tops are off give a look and see if it looks like it would be worth it.