Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Oxidation

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 12:55 PM

Oxidation

I just got back off of a 6 month deployment and my 93 onyx black z28 was unfortunately in the texas sun all the time. It has a horrible haze on the hood and surrounding areas, I used rubbing compound from 3M and it looked like a mirror yet again, but in a week or two it came back not as bad though. So does anybody know a great product for getting rid of the haze and sealing the paint from further damage. I was interested in a clay bar but what do ya'll think? thanks
Old 03-07-2008, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Altekameraden
I just got back off of a 6 month deployment and my 93 onyx black z28 was unfortunately in the texas sun all the time. It has a horrible haze on the hood and surrounding areas, I used rubbing compound from 3M and it looked like a mirror yet again, but in a week or two it came back not as bad though. So does anybody know a great product for getting rid of the haze and sealing the paint from further damage. I was interested in a clay bar but what do ya'll think? thanks
Mix about 50/50 of the compound and a clearner/wax then use swirl polish remover. Use Meguiar’s. it is the best and easiest to use.
it is expensive for a reason. You can sometimes get it cheaper at wallmart but the swirl polish remover is harder to find.
I used to detail at a Chevy dealer. If you cant afford the Meguiar’s , get blue coral. There is a ton of stuff out there and allot of detailers use the blue coral cause it is way less on the wallet.

hope this helps.