Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Looking for advice on how to make a 98' shine deep

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 11:00 PM

Re: Looking for advice on how to make a 98' shine deep

Zaino Is Not A Polish, Its A Sealant.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:26 AM

Cmr0z28, exactly what was the Zaino "hype" that was mentioned???

When people ask for opinions that is what people give them. I'll be the first person to say to try different products to find out what that person likes best. It all depends on what the person wants from a product. Shine, that is easy, even Pledge provides that. Now, durability, protection, ease of use, economical per application, layering, etc. is what people need to consider before deciding what they think is best for them.

On most auto message forums Zaino always takes over 50% of the total votes. In many case well over 50%, I've seen up to 80% on a forum that use Zaino. If you think all those people use it because of "hype", man are you deluded. They are the most **** people out there regarding their cars. I know how **** I am.

I've been doing this for about 35 years and have tried literally dozens of different products over the years. None ever really met my high expectations. I skeptically tried Zaino before there was any so-called "hype". I never even saw Zaino mentioned on a forum when a cyber buddy suggested I try it. Zaino is the only product that has given me everything I want from a product, no "hype" no bull****, just plain fact. Zaino has proven itself over and over and over. If I can find a product that I think is better than Zaino, I'll use it.

Prep work is critical in achieving the optimum results. But if you think there is no visual difference between a car with no wax or sealant you are either completely blind or just trying to be an @$$ or really don't know what you are talking about. If you really thought there was no difference, why would you use whatever is on the shelf at all.

With all that said, PEOPLE, prep your cars, try different products to finds what YOU like best. That is what I did.

Last edited by Kevin V 2002 SS; 11-28-2005 at 07:29 AM.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin V 2002 SS
Cmr0z28, exactly what was the Zaino "hype" that was mentioned???

When people ask for opinions that is what people give them. I'll be the first person to say to try different products to find out what that person likes best. It all depends on what the person wants from a product. Shine, that is easy, even Pledge provides that. Now, durability, protection, ease of use, economical per application, layering, etc. is what people need to consider before deciding what they think is best for them.

On most auto message forums Zaino always takes over 50% of the total votes. In many case well over 50%, I've seen up to 80% on a forum that use Zaino. If you think all those people use it because of "hype", man are you deluded. They are the most **** people out there regarding their cars. I know how **** I am.

I've been doing this for about 35 years and have tried literally dozens of different products over the years. None ever really met my high expectations. I skeptically tried Zaino before there was any so-called "hype". I never even saw Zaino mentioned on a forum when a cyber buddy suggested I try it. Zaino is the only product that has given me everything I want from a product, no "hype" no bull****, just plain fact. Zaino has proven itself over and over and over. If I can find a product that I think is better than Zaino, I'll use it.

Prep work is critical in achieving the optimum results. But if you think there is no visual difference between a car with no wax or sealant you are either completely blind or just trying to be an @$$ or really don't know what you are talking about. If you really thought there was no difference, why would you use whatever is on the shelf at all.

With all that said, PEOPLE, prep your cars, try different products to finds what YOU like best. That is what I did.
Well said Kevin Couldn't agree with you more.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:45 AM

well, their is a hold up

I useto work for the company that did the clear 3m/ aviary graphics bra's for the cars, I have one on mine, It was changing colors to yellow so I decided to ditch it yesterday, well, 1/2 way off it caught my clear coat and took off a 1'x6" chunk of my hood paint and all I freeked out! I'm so upset!

Well, went to a body shop today to see what it's going to cost to get the hood re-painted and the rear bumper touched up (have some scuffs from a wile back) $980!

I'm going to probably get it done by my best friends dad, I'm going to see him tomorrow....

Marry christmas to me
Old 11-28-2005, 11:46 AM

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Chris

When you're ready to polish...the car, if I can be of any help, don't hesitate to ask
Old 11-28-2005, 06:54 PM

I personally am very anti-hype, but at the same time I dont understand people who bash good products.

here's my dads silverado after a zaino treatment:

If you dont think that looks great you had better be prepared to spend a heck of a lot more for something that looks better.

here's a 5mp version for anyone who is still doubting: Here

You can see the 1x2" SLE badge of my old blue and silver truck parked a good 30 feet away from the truck, and 50 feet away from the camera. How much better can you ask for?

Oh almost forgot, I took this picture over the summer ( a good 4.5 months ago), and I havent touched that truck with ANYTHING but a wash mit since. It still reflects deep from a distance even through all the dirt and salt that is on it now - to the point that it stands out from other trucks on the road its age, even when its dirty.

Last edited by JoeliusZ28; 11-28-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by '99 SS
Sorry to hear about your misfortune Chris

When you're ready to polish...the car, if I can be of any help, don't hesitate to ask

Thanks!

Hopefully I'll get it done in the next 2 weeks or so.

Once it's fixed I'll finish clay baring it and polish/wax it, the roads are already yucky here with salt, I might take you up on your offer.

~Chris
Old 11-30-2005, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Chrisz24
Thanks!

Hopefully I'll get it done in the next 2 weeks or so.

Once it's fixed I'll finish clay baring it and polish/wax it, the roads are already yucky here with salt, I might take you up on your offer.

~Chris
Ya man that sucks, sorry to hear. Dont forget that paint has to cure, so dont wax the parts freshly painted for at least a month.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:04 AM

Chris, if you do go the Zaino route, you can apply Zaino in 1-2 weeks. Don't do that with any other product though.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin V 2002 SS
Chris, if you do go the Zaino route, you can apply Zaino in 1-2 weeks. Don't do that with any other product though.
Good point Kevin. My sister had some paint work done on her car, and I called Sal before Zainoing her car, and he told me the same thing...wait 1-2 weeks.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:17 PM

What makes Zaino different than any other sealant when it comes to new paint?
Old 11-30-2005, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by mystic-t/a
What makes Zaino different than any other sealant when it comes to new paint?
You'd have to call Sal for the specifics, but essentially, Zaino's ingredients are "body-shop safe."

P.S. Did you get my PM on Autopia?
Old 11-30-2005, 11:34 PM

I got a "time out" on autopia for posting a shout to papi_jay about sending my IW. lol That's so stupid. I dont know how long it will last. If its something I should know then just PM me here. BTW didn't you get a TO a while ago on autopia for some stupid reason.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by mystic-t/a
I got a "time out" on autopia for posting a shout to papi_jay about sending my IW. lol That's so stupid. I dont know how long it will last. If its something I should know then just PM me here. BTW didn't you get a TO a while ago on autopia for some stupid reason.
I've had more than one bad-boy time out over there.

I sent you a PM here.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by ZaneO
You'd have to call Sal for the specifics, but essentially, Zaino's ingredients are "body-shop safe."

P.S. Did you get my PM on Autopia?
Regular wax has silicone, which can cause "fish eyes" while spraying fresh paint.

Rob

Quick Reply: Looking for advice on how to make a 98' shine deep