Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Looking for advice on how to make a 98' shine deep

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 09:56 AM

Re: Looking for advice on how to make a 98' shine deep

i totally agree with '99 SS, for once hahah

Zaino does wonders to cars, if u seen '99 SS's car in person, it will change your mind instantly. Here's my work...

Old 11-25-2005, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by bow94z

Zaino does wonders to cars, if u seen '99 SS's car in person, it will change your mind instantly
Thanks Ryan Nice pics. too.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:35 PM

As it has been stated, the best appearance is going to be a result of proper prep work.

After good prep, anything is going to look fantastic.

Find the last step product that fits your needs for ease of use, maintainability, etc.

Originally Posted by mystic-t/a
Zaino can be a PITA to work
That's a pretty funny statement...especially from someone who hasn't used the product...

The thing I love about Autopia is that it turns everyone into instant experts.

Zaino is definitely not the only option, but it is a fine option.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:30 PM

I lurked on the autopia site, theirs some good info out their.

I'm going to stop at a few places and see what I can find, I might take you up on that offer 99ss, (BTW is the C6 also yours? )

~Chris
Old 11-26-2005, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by bow94z

Zaino does wonders to cars, if u seen '99 SS's car in person, it will change your mind instantly. Here's my work...

Can you do me a favor and post the same cars with Zaino, and then again without any wax or sealant on the surface?

There will be NO difference. If there is, say hello to the placebo effect.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by '99 SS
And finally, if used correctly, Zaino is the easiest product I've ever used.
lol, then you haven't used many quality products?
Old 11-26-2005, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Cmr0z28
lol, then you haven't used many quality products?
I use alot of "quality products"...maybe that's why I have alot of requests for cars to be detailed???

My remark, "easiest to use" was in response to those who say Zaino is difficult to work with. I have used alot of different polishes (better?) and IMO, Zaino works best for me.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:44 PM

Can you do me a favor and post the same cars with Zaino, and then again without any wax or sealant on the surface?

There will be NO difference. If there is, say hello to the placebo effect.
That must be some good sh$t you're smoking! "No difference between a car without wax/sealant v. one with"???

It's obvious you have a problem with Zaino, which is fine, but what do you use thats so great genius?!

Old 11-26-2005, 09:18 PM

I bought some stuff locally I'll run it by:

Mothers Clay bar system, came with bar and detailing spray, (my only complaint is it's a SMALL bar! 1"x2" and only one, is that too little?)

I also got Mothers Carnuba cleaner paste

And Meguiar's NXT tech wax paste for a 3rd coat, it was expensive, but sounds good.

My only concern is the extremely small clay bar, I was driven to the Meguiar's wax because it says it doesnt have dust like the Kit wax was doing.

I'm still up for the Zaino, but I'm going to experiment with this first.

I'll give it a shot tomorrow baring my garden hose un-freezes from my parents house

~Chris
Old 11-26-2005, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisz24
I bought some stuff locally I'll run it by:

Mothers Clay bar system, came with bar and detailing spray, (my only complaint is it's a SMALL bar! 1"x2" and only one, is that too little?)

I also got Mothers Carnuba cleaner paste

And Meguiar's NXT tech wax paste for a 3rd coat, it was expensive, but sounds good.

My only concern is the extremely small clay bar, I was driven to the Meguiar's wax because it says it doesnt have dust like the Kit wax was doing.

I'm still up for the Zaino, but I'm going to experiment with this first.

I'll give it a shot tomorrow baring my garden hose un-freezes from my parents house

~Chris
That bar will go a long way, trust me I'm an expert (lol, a joke for ZaneO )
I love the look of NXT, my only complaint is that it doesn't seem to last, at least not for me. Slickness and beeding was gone at the second wash.

Oh ya and Zaino is NOT!!! a polish in the true sense of the word, so if you compare it to a polish, which is an abrasive that will correct paint imperfections and add little to no protection, then it will be a lot better, but compare it to another sealant, which Zaino is, and it will be a very close comparison. The main difference will be in the look, just compare my post (a couple back) to other's posts with Zaino.
My statement on Zaino can be a PITA to work with is from a couple of friends, who have used Zaino, and from reading.
And in no way am I an expert on detailing, as is nobody else on this forum...at least that I know of. I learn from experience, from me and others.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:08 PM

The Zaino clay bar is the same as Mother's. Other companies use the same clay...there are only 2 or 3 clay importers in the U.S..

I use alot of "quality products"...maybe that's why I have alot of requests for cars to be detailed???
Now, one would think that such a thing would come from the person's ability to use products, rather than the products he/she uses.

That must be some good sh$t you're smoking! "No difference between a car without wax/sealant v. one with"???

It's obvious you have a problem with Zaino, which is fine, but what do you use thats so great genius?!
That's right, it is some good **** I'm smoking. I've been in this business for awhile now, so I think I know what I'm talking about, but who knows? I'm probably just a crackhead or something.

I don't have a problem with Zaino. I have a problem with hype, and all the BS that gets spread around on boards. The fact is, there is NO visual difference between bare paint vs. waxed/sealed paint whether it's waxed with Meguiar's, Clearkote, or Zaino. What do you think one of the key marketing points in selling wax is?? It's all in the prepwork....if paint is properly cleaned and polished with no swirls/defects, it won't look any different with a sealant or wax on it.

Oh, and what I use.....I use whatever's on my detailing shelf. Whatever's easy to use, whatever lasts a decent amount of time, whatever I'm in the mood to use depending on the product's scent and whatnot. Sometimes I use Pinnacle, sometimes I use Zaino, sometimes I use P21S, sometimes I use blah blah blah the list goes on and it doesn't really matter. In the end of the day, it's just wax!!!!
Old 11-26-2005, 11:18 PM

i have no pics without Zaino Apply'd...
I dont kno what color car you have Cmr0z28, but i would apply Zaino Z5 and Z2pro to your car and let us know what you think.
Ive used Mothers, and some other "PRO" polishes and waxes my work buys, and nothing really compares to the results i have been getting on my car.

I even used Zaino on my parents white Jeep and Champange Altima and my dad was really shocked at the results that Z2 pro did to his cars

Zaino for life
Old 11-27-2005, 06:39 PM

The Zaino clay bar is the same as Mother's. Other companies use the same clay...there are only 2 or 3 clay importers in the U.S..

Now, one would think that such a thing would come from the person's ability to use products, rather than the products he/she uses.

That's right, it is some good **** I'm smoking. I've been in this business for awhile now, so I think I know what I'm talking about, but who knows? I'm probably just a crackhead or something.

I don't have a problem with Zaino. I have a problem with hype, and all the BS that gets spread around on boards. The fact is, there is NO visual difference between bare paint vs. waxed/sealed paint whether it's waxed with Meguiar's, Clearkote, or Zaino. What do you think one of the key marketing points in selling wax is?? It's all in the prepwork....if paint is properly cleaned and polished with no swirls/defects, it won't look any different with a sealant or wax on it.

Oh, and what I use.....I use whatever's on my detailing shelf. Whatever's easy to use, whatever lasts a decent amount of time, whatever I'm in the mood to use depending on the product's scent and whatnot. Sometimes I use Pinnacle, sometimes I use Zaino, sometimes I use P21S, sometimes I use blah blah blah the list goes on and it doesn't really matter. In the end of the day, it's just wax!!!!
1. I'm not "hyping" Zaino...just stating what, IMO, is the best polish I've used. The number of comments, looks, etc., I receive regarding the SS...alot of it has to do with it's appearance, and when I'm asked what I use, I have no problem raving about("hyping" as you call it) Zaino, which I consider to be a great product.

2. I too have been detailing cars for a number of years. And my business is a result of using Zaino.

3. I agree...preparation is the key.

My comments about Zaino were not meant as "hype", they're just an opinion, nor are they "B.S."
Old 11-27-2005, 07:40 PM

You definitely have to experiment when it comes to detailing. There's no single "one hitter" out there, I can definitely tell you that. It will depend on what you are looking for in a finish product; Ease of use, durability, price, depth of reflection, color rendition, shine quality and sharpness of reflection (what I call resolution).

Good combinations will work wonders, as I've seen good and great examples of almost every type of finisher. If its all-out resolution and quality you are looking for, the only reliable way would be to compare similar finishes using the same techniques right before the lsp, and then comparing the competing lsp's results.

Detailing can be fun because if you challenge your results against other finishes, you will be quite surprised in how deep and far your paint can go (even gm's oatmeal finishes!).
Old 11-27-2005, 10:26 PM

personally, i have always been a fan of Meguiar's. Start with a good wash. take your time, because if you dont get it all, its gonna show later. Then follow up with a polishing compound. Go light on the grit here, you dont want to make swirls. And it wouldnt be a bad idea to get a polisher. Makes the job alot faster. Then I go on to the High Tech Yellow Wax 26. I find that if you do 2 light cotes, it comes out alot better than one thick one.

I have never tried Zaino, but i have heard only good things. I just have been using Meguiar's for years, and like the results.

Quick Reply: Looking for advice on how to make a 98' shine deep