Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

How do I get buffer polish off edges?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2001, 11:40 PM

Post How do I get buffer polish off edges?

I have some buffer polish on an edge of my mirror on my car.. it was the first car i'd buffed out myself and not noticing that compound sucked. anyway i tried some magic rags and wax and the orignal polishing compound and the buffer on it..

also, is this zaino stuff really better? i've read the posts but it looks like 2 guys who are trying to sell it are really pumping it up.. but if it was so much better why doesnt turtle wax convert or die out?

i like my turtle wax and was going to give the zaino a try but i have trouble believings the stuff is a former unknown secret that turtle wax doesnt know about.

------------------
FACT- Chevy motors have won more races than all Ford motors in the last 50 years times 100.
FACT- Ford does not make a two door Tortoise, which they are allowed to race in Nascar. Isn't that stock car racing?
Old 08-17-2001, 06:35 AM

Since I'm NOT a distributor and make absolutely NO money from it I'll jump in.

Actually, several companies have tried to buy out Sal Zaino's business, he just refused to sell. I don't think he advertizes exactly how he makes it. They are also into making as much of a profit as possible. Another company would make it less effective and raise the cost or keep it the same and raise the costs considerably. Their will always be the folks who couldn't care less about their cars, whatever product they can buy for $1.50 is godd enough, that is why other "wax" (old tech) companies will not go out of business. Sal was a car enthusiast long before he got into the polish business. Yes maybe he could make more money by selling out or allowing it to be sold in stores, but what he does is give us the best product he can as reasonably priced as possible. I've been using it for over 3 years and in the 30 years I've been taking care of my cars, nothing else has ever come close.

You'll find articles praising Zaino products in magazines. You'll find that Zaino is the most prominantly used product of folks on many, many message boards. It isn't just 2 folks on this board trying to sell their products. I've gotten to know KevinSS some and he is even pickier than I am, if it didn't live up to his expectations he wouldn't sell it.

In other words, YES it is better and worth it. From most boards I've visited Turtle Wax is very rarely mentioned, what does that tell you. But if it does what you want it to do, then use it.

------------------
Kevin Villier, 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", TT, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, STB, SLP loudmouth

Louisville, KY
Old 08-17-2001, 08:55 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OneHardFbody:
I have some buffer polish on an edge of my mirror on my car.. it was the first car i'd buffed out myself and not noticing that compound sucked. anyway i tried some magic rags and wax and the orignal polishing compound and the buffer on it..

also, is this zaino stuff really better? i've read the posts but it looks like 2 guys who are trying to sell it are really pumping it up.. but if it was so much better why doesnt turtle wax convert or die out?

i like my turtle wax and was going to give the zaino a try but i have trouble believings the stuff is a former unknown secret that turtle wax doesnt know about.

</font>
To get the old wax off, you could use 3M wax, tar, and grease remover.

------------------
96 Black Impala SS
Authorized Zaino Showcar Polish Distributor
www.zainobros.com
Remember #3