Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

DohHunter's New Zaino Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 08:42 AM

DohHunter's New Zaino Review

This will go along with MikeLS's thread a couple of weeks back.

I've been using Zaino now going on four years. Starting with my Redfire Metallic Grand Prix GTP, then with my '02 Sierra, and adding my '02 WS6 to the repertoire.

I have been a firm supporter of KevinSS, who by stitching and pre-manufacturing proper sized 100% cotton towels has made my life a lot easier, thanks Kevin.

I have also gone through the Zaino revolution, from Z1/Z5, to the new ZFX and now the newer Z5 and Z2.

I have also came through one more revolution, microfiber.

Anyways, I have a few best paint awards with my cars, the GTP people would ask if it was an aftermarket colour I had it looking so good and my WS6, well, I have yet to see ANY car in the Toronto shows I enter look as good (even the Meguires's sponsored cars with tons of airbrushing can't touch the shine of the Zaino).

I took it upon myself to order some of the new Z5/Z2 as soon as it came out, and having started used microfiber a month ago (90,000 stitch) I also ordered a new micro towel from my source (210,000 stich).

First off let me say, this new Z5 IS different. I have put 3 coats on so far (with ZFX, one day) and noticed the exact same points MikeLS did.

1) The new Z5 flows 200% better than the old version, I can mix my 1-1.5oz with a couple of drops of ZFX, shake, and there will not be any polish left on the walls of the mixing vial within 5 minutes. The old Z5 was a PITA to get outta there.

2) Goes on so much easier, a couple of dabs/streaks at a time on the cotton applicator and voila, but I still keep it moistened with Z6.

3) It is like i'm polishing off Z6 now. With the combination of the ZFX, the new Z5, and the 210,000 stitch microfibre, the polish comes off unbelievably well. No haze, no streaks, no pushing little bits of residue around ( one of those little annoying quirks with the cotton towels).

4) Yes, the new Z5 does fill a little bit better. I had a couple of spiderlines on my headlights, filled those in with three coats that old Z5 wouldn't in 10. But don't expect it to do as well as 39009 or Perfect it II still.

Anyways, KUDOS to Sal, for implementing another fine product.

And I am now a converted microfiber fanatic

Good luck with your paint, keep it shining.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:03 AM

Thumbs up

Sounds great! It's good to see that others are finding the same things to be true about the new formulas. After trying the new formulas extensively now, I can say that I like the difference in shine the best. Even doing one coat now makes the paint look so deep and wet, kinda like 3 coats of the old Z2 or Z5, IMO. And, yea, it's even easier to use too! I agree, the ZFX bottles are a snap to clean now and every last drop of polish can be used in the bottle, so it goes farther. I know Sal is always working on updates or ways to make things even better, but these new polishes are one of the biggest changes/updates I can remember in a while.

Great review Michael! Glad you are liking the MF towels too! Who are you ordering from for those?

BTW, here is my review he was referencing in case anyone missed it: http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...rcharged+zaino

Not to hijack the thread, but I thought of a question relating to the new polishes. I believe I read on the new Zaino site that the new polishes are now water based. Just curious if the solvent content changed in favor of a water based system for the new polishes? Carl, Kevin, anyone? Not that it makes much difference really, just curious about the technicalities.

Mike

Last edited by MikeLS; 08-05-2003 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:08 AM

Lol I didn't even mention the shine.

Yes, it is purrrrrrrrrrrrty I haven't even used the new Z2 yet.

Water based hmmm? should last longer I would think. I should take a picture of a 3 year old, 3/4 full bottle of Z1 I found in my garage. It looks clear.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:11 AM

Excellent review!

Sigh... you guys are making me want to order the new stuff... and I still have a good amount of the old left!!!
Old 08-05-2003, 09:50 AM

I have a problem with the new Zaino. Normally, when you drive in the rain or the car sits out in the rain, it becomes a colorful painting of dirt spots, and requires washing every time.

Well, I've driven through 3 horrible rainstorms and 2 small showers since my last wash, at which time I put on multiple coats of the new Z2/ZFX.

There aren't any spots!!!

It's 100% CLEAN. Not even above the wheel wells where the water slings up when I drive. Perfectly clean. I might never need to wash again Now what am I gonna do on my days off?
Old 08-05-2003, 09:52 AM

DohHunter, check with me in a few days and I will have a report on a new kind of Micro Fiber towel that I may be selling, it is NOT of man made materials, it will be all natural fibers.....

I will also have the fine cotton towels also still....
Old 08-05-2003, 10:32 AM

Originally posted by KevinSS
I will have a report on a new kind of Micro Fiber towel that I may be selling, it is NOT of man made materials, it will be all natural fibers.....

Kevin,

Would the towel you are referring to happen to be the DFTowel? www.dftowel.com

It's the only "all-natural" MF I've seen so far....

Mike
Old 08-05-2003, 10:45 AM

Maybe it's that new superfiber
Old 08-05-2003, 12:19 PM

omg Kevin, why'd you have to do that.

<--------------- spends WAYYYYYY too much money on car care accessories.

BTW, keep us updated on the towels lmao.
Old 08-05-2003, 06:15 PM

Originally posted by MikeLS
Kevin,

Would the towel you are referring to happen to be the DFTowel? www.dftowel.com

It's the only "all-natural" MF I've seen so far....

Mike
Great towels, best I've seen yet. Should have them in stock in a week.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:53 PM

The Zaino distributor here (Ronster97) has been keeping me informed on the new DFTowels.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:11 AM

OOOH!! I just bought some Z2! I didn't realize it was the new stuff. Wooh-hoo!!! I still have a lttle of the old Z2 and Z5. I guess I'll go ahead and use it up.