Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.
View Poll Results: Apply a wax after cleaning and polishing with zaino?
Wax it idiot!
33.33%
Zaino will protect your car newbie!
66.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Do I wax after zaino polish?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 05:25 PM

Do I wax after zaino polish?

So it seems like a lot places I read recommend that you wax a car after you polish it, to 'seal' or something. From what I can tell zaino is a polish and not a wax, yet it claims to seal.
From reading many threads on this site I havent seemed to become any less confused on this issue.. so whats the consensus? Do I need to wax after I polish with zaino?
Old 05-22-2006, 06:07 PM

Re: Do I wax after zaino polish?

Well Zaino isn't a true polish in 'that' sense - it doesn't just polish the paint and leave a near naked surface... it still acts as a very effective sealer and protectant. But still, if you really want to get that last bit of shine and spend a lot more effort on it, it can be 'topped' with certain types of waxes but IIRC it doesn't add much to the durability, only the shine and only for a short while, and I'm not sure if you can add another layer of Zaino after 'topping' it or if you have to strip the wax and start over again...
Old 05-22-2006, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Threxx
... and I'm not sure if you can add another layer of Zaino after 'topping' it or if you have to strip the wax and start over again...
I don't think so. I believe Zaino likes to stick to bare paint or itself, so other waxes will just further hinder you if you choose to use Zaino again.

Don't wax it.

Old 05-22-2006, 09:11 PM

There might be some confusion with those terms. Zaino calls their lsp (last step product) a polish. It is a synthetic top coating that acts to seal the paint and protect it from contaminants (a synthetic sealant), similar to what a traditional wax does.

The generally accepted definition of a polish is a product that cleans and burnishes the paint surface (either via a non abrasive method or varying degrees of abrasiveness, but still clearcoat safe) in order to render it clean and streak free, before adding a topping product.

(I believe from my memory that..)Zaino does not recommend topping their product with a wax, although there have been some people that have done this. I personally would not top zaino with a wax, but there are a few other sealant products on the market that you can use that are favored to top with wax, and with some of them yielding nice results.