Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Bra care?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 06:52 PM

Bra care?

Do you guys have any tips for care with cars with bras?

(other then don't use it)

I have a 2k7 G6, I drive to and from daytona 2-3 times a week. I cross ~15 miles of swampland and you can imagine how bad bugs can get. I have had ones where I had a hard time seeing out my windshield I hit so many bugs.

hell I took the car to get washed, and 3 kids spent ~20 min just getting bugs off my nose.

Either way I got a bra from GM had it on for awhile. Any tip on "maintaining it" Said not to really use armour all style products. What about 303 aerospace protectant?

Also any tips on protecting the paint underneath? (obviosly make both surfaces (inside of bra and paint) is clean.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:44 AM

I have a full front one for my GTO from Colgan. I use it mostly on trips. It's just too much work for every day.

I would be concerned about the appearence of the outside of the bra, it's their for protection. Mine is felt inside.

-Never put it on a dirty car! Always have a good coat of wax on the car prior to install. Also, I often clean the area with quick detailer prior to install.

-Make sure it's tight and not rubbing.
-Take it off if it was on during the rain so the car can dry, Even if you are experiencing a dry spell, I'd take it off every 2 weeks or so to wash the car, all kinds of crap get between the car and bra at times! (leaves, pebbles, dirt)

Also, if I'm using the bra, I wash the inside of it with car wash soap & a sponge and lay it over a ladder so it can dry in the sun.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:24 PM

yeah... I try not to keep up on it now...

but like I said I travel across a swamp twice a week, at 75-85.

I am trying to keep a little cleaner, I really need some pics of what its like when I hit the swamp at a bad tme. Good news is cold is coming and keeping the bugs away.

I'll have the bra off for a week or so.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:45 PM

Either way anyone elsehave any tips for the bra itself?

came with a paper that siad not to use normal "armour all type stuff" on it?

303 aerospace protectant good?