Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

All Cannon Towels Zaino Approved?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 09:44 PM

Post All Cannon Towels Zaino Approved?

I picked up a couple Cannon bath towels at Wal-Mart and just wanted to make sure they were safe towels with which to remove Zaino. They aren't anything special, just plain Cannon towels but they do say 100% cotton made in USA. Are they cool?

Thanks,
Josh

Old 12-26-2001, 09:54 PM

These are Sal Zaino's words on towels:

Cannon & Fieldcrest make a lower quality version of their towels for K-Mart, Walmart and other big discount chains.

These towels say 100% Cotton but that is not, totally true. The nap is 100% cotton but the backing material has polyester blend in it.

So if you press a little to hard on the towel you can get some fine scratches or swirls.

The point I'm trying to make is if a Cannon or Fieldcrest towel is selling in a discount store for $6.00 or less (approximately) it is not the good stuff.

I buy all my Cannon & Fieldcrest towels in the Bath & Linen shops in the bigger stores in the mall. I pay anywhere from $10 to $20 per towel. These are the real deal. I buy about 3 or 4 towels and they usually last
me about a year.

Now for you guys that may have already purchased the lower price towels.
Look carefully at your paint finish when you are using your towels. If you are not getting any swirls or fine scratches, then you are okay. Remember it's better to be safe than swirly.

Another problem I'm seeing is some of you guys are using powdered detergent to wash your towels. Powdered detergents contain granules that do not fully dissolve in the wash cycle and get trapped in the nap of
the towels, these granules will scratch your paint finish.... Only use Liquid detergents like All or Tide. Also do not use Bleach or any kind of fabric softner.

You must use only white. Not colored towels.....Colored towels are not
to be used because the dye leaves a chemical residue on the paint finish. Always wash your towels first before using. Use Liquid detergent and rinse twice.

You should cut the selvages(borders) off the perimeter of the towels. This selvage contains nylon and polyester stitching that could possibly scratch your paint finish. The towels will fray a little once this is
done. But it's better to play it safe.

Drying the towels on high heat will make them hold a static charge. I use the regular heat setting and remove them a little damp and let them air dry. You can fluff the towel real good when it's dry to make it
softer.

As the towels get older they will lose there nap and absorbency and will have to be replaced.

Hope this ends any confusion...

------------------
96 Black Impala SS
Authorized Zaino Showcar Polish Distributor
www.zainobros.com
Remember #3
Old 12-28-2001, 10:54 PM
96z

Wow, I never knew there where so many rules to washing and maintaining towels for your car.

------------------
96 black Z28 A4
GTP stage II heads, GTP 226/230 cam, 11:1 CR, Pro Torque 2800 TC, Tranny cooler, 3.42, 1.6 rr, Holley 58mm TB, SLP 1 3/4's, ram air, LT4 KM, cutout, Wolfe cage....too many more to list.
Performance work done @ Mattucci Motorsports
WNYFA
I want a 11!