Beware of KatFish Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 10:03 AM

Beware of KatFish Racing

This guy posted that he needed a pcm for a 1993 a4. I told him I had one and he bought it. In paypal it says something about formula a4. I gave him exactly what he asked for and he says it's wrong. He wrote me a nasty email this morning saying that I was trying not to resolve this problem. This is the first I've heard of a problem. He then said that I knew there was a problem because I was on here at 2am this morning. I was at work with no access to the net. I've been doing a lot of selling online lately and they will all tell you that I bend over backwards to help. He now says that he's going to ship it back and that he will be getting his money back. This guy is a liar and is trying to screw someone else over for his own mistakes. If he would have tried to resolve this in a nice way then we might have worked something out. Please if he replies to you do not sell to him as you will be creating a headache for yourself. Look for yourself at his thread. It is in parts wanted under Wtb: 93 Pcm
Old 10-18-2004, 02:12 PM

Re: Beware of KatFish Racing

I find it interesting that you decided to go public with this. That is fine with me.

First off, you should check your PM's. That is how we arranged this deal and that is how I attempted to contact you to work out the problem. Here is the text of the pm I sent you. You will find it in your inbox dated October 13th.

Brian,

I received the pcm today, but it is for a v6. I looked back at my post and realize that I was unclear about whether I needed on for a v6 or v8; however, on the paypal form I entered that the payment was for a pcm for a 1993 Pontiac formula. I can understand the confusion, I should have been more clear, but I have no use for this pcm. Im not sure whether you would be willing to refund the money if I shipped it back to you or not. Let me know.

Mike
When you did not respond to me for 5 days, despite the fact that you had been on the board posting, I assumed that you were either ignoring me or had decided that you were not interested in resolving this. I then attempted to send you another pm, but your inbox was full, so I emailed you the "nasty" email that you are referring to. I was simply taking the next step in attempting to get your attention. I guess it worked.

This was your response..

1. I sent you exactly what you asked for.
2. I was not on camaroZ28 this morning, I was at work. Midnight to 8 in the morning.
3. This is the first time you have contacted me.
4. Since you are getting rude and assuming I don't want to work this out, your out of luck.
I've done alot of business with people online lately and they will all say that I bend over backwards to help them. I might have considered taking it back before you sent me this nasty e-mail but now your just stuck with what you asked for. As a matter of fact, right now I'm looking at you post that I printed out saying that you need a pcm for a 1993 A4. I sent you that. Now I saw in the reciept it said something like formula(whatever that is). I just spoke to a lawyer and told him the details and he said your in the wrong. Next time try resolving a problem, especially one that you caused by your own mistake, a little more nicely and you may get the results you want. You paid me for it now it's yours.

Seems to me this is a matter of miscommunication that could have been handled privately. But now it is online for the world to read. I feel I have been diligent in my attempts to work this out. I did not immediately assume that you were trying to screw me, nor did I attempt to publicly smear you. I guess I was mistaken that anyone on a performance car site would know that a Pontiac Formula is by definition a V8 and not a V6.

Keep the money, $110 is not worth the hassle to me.

Mike
Old 10-18-2004, 02:21 PM

I'm with you katfish!!! There are some sorry people on the net.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:32 PM

Looks like it should be refunded and shipped back. Not a hugely bad situation guys, juts cut your ties here and go back to the way you were before the transaction : Catfish had $110 and you had your PCM

-Shannon
Old 10-18-2004, 09:20 PM

The money will not be refunded. You see I had this moral dilema. In all cases I would have refunded the money until he started to lie and sent me a nasty email. I asked several people what I should do seeing I would normally do a refund. They said screw him it was his mistake and now he's trying to pin it on me. I'm sure you will get far in life with these poor interpersonal relationship problems and not being able to take responsibilty for your own mistakes. Like I said I would have helped you out. I bend over backwards helping people out with many other similar situation every day and they all have nothing but positive to say about me.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:45 PM

So much for keeping it honest here huh? It's a real shame.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:08 AM

Give him his money back. You don't even have to "bend over backwards" to clear this up. it's easy for those people to tell you to screw him since they're not involved or having to defend their name and/ or reputation to the whole world. When you get your pcm back, send him his cash, you two can shake hands/ tell each other to **** off and move on. Return the money...come on.... don't be that guy .
Old 10-19-2004, 05:49 AM

Now that I am at my home computer I can post the text of the email I sent to Cooley346. Here it is:

Brian,
I have noticed that you have either not read my pm that I sent regarding the pcm or have chosen to not send the receipt confirmation. Either way, your profile shows that you have been on the Camaro Z28 site most recently at 2:03 this morning.

The PCM you sent me was not what I paid for. Because you seem to not want to work this out, I am left with very few alternatives.

If I dont hear from you in 24 hours, I will ship the pcm back to you and do what I can to get my money back.

Mike
The one thing that I was incorrect about was that he was not online at 2:03 in the morning. I had not set my profile on this site to correct for central time, so he was on here at 2:03 AM GMT that morning which is like 9:03pm central time. My point was that he had been on the site and had plenty of opportunity to read the pm I sent. I have not lied, been rude nor tried to screw anyone over.

Also of note is the fact that the pm I sent him on Oct 13th is still in my unconfirmed list as unread.

I will be shipping the pcm back today.

Brian,
I am glad that you consulted an attorney on this. I am also an attorney and if you would rather I deal with him, please send me his contact information.

Mike Faller

Last edited by KatFish Racing; 10-19-2004 at 05:58 AM.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:00 AM

Ohh, give the guy his money back...there's no moral dilema here and nothing unreasonable about the way Katfish attempted to handle it in my opinion. If you think that email is "nasty", you haven't been around long enough. This board is about helping each other out, not about proving a point. The part isn't what he needed and you'll get it back...no harm, no foul. What's the problem???
Old 10-19-2004, 09:08 AM

i say refund him minus what it cost you to ship it and call it a day.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:28 AM

The problem is that I sent him what he asked for and when he realized that HE made a mistake he wanted to get his money back. Know what you want before you buy something. I'm not the one here who asked for the wrong part. I'm not the one here who sent one email accusing the other of not trying to work things out. I did not see any pm. I did however just delete a bunch of pm's and did not see one from him. Just because he has a copy of the supposed one here does not mean that it is the one in question. I don't know if the admins can see when I was deleting these pm's and if his came in at that very time and it got deleted too. All I know is that I didn't see one when I was deleting them and there is not one there now. I'm also looking at a map right now and 2:03am mountain time is 3:03am central time( which is where I'm at). So you see I could not have been on here. I'll ask my employer if they can write me a note stating this so I can prove to you all that this is a lie.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:49 AM

Wow, that was the nastiest e-mail I've ever seen. I can see why you had your moral dilema.

I can see three way to solve this...
1.)Mike ships the ECM back and you refund his money, minus actual shipping costs.
2.)Both parties keep what they received and Mike tries to sell the ECM somewhere.
3.)Everyone keeps bickering and let the lawyers solve it (which I guarantee will cost Mike a LOT less than $110 since he is a lawyer).

I guess nobody makes mistakes anymore.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:18 AM

Quote: Keep the money, $110 is not worth the hassle to me. End Quote

Mike

Looks like we have this resolved.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:46 AM

GMT=Greenwich Mean Time
The Greenwich Meridian (Prime Meridian or Longitude Zero degrees) marks the starting point of every time zone in the World. GMT is Greenwich Mean (or Meridian) Time is the mean (average) time that the earth takes to rotate from noon-to-noon.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by cooley346
Quote: Keep the money, $110 is not worth the hassle to me. End Quote

Mike

Looks like we have this resolved.
I agree. Lesson learned on my part.

Quick Reply: Beware of KatFish Racing