Parting built blown 1996 T/A Vortech S trim, CPT 4l60E, etc

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 05:30 AM

Re: Parting built blown 1996 T/A Vortech S trim, CPT 4l60E, etc

Originally Posted by dennis5374
Can you get me a shipping quote for the transmission/cooler/TC? 13667? I just won 5k tonight and am definitely interested
Frank quoted $175 for FedEx shipping from me to him in DE and it would be similar to you. Uship may be a little less expensive but their shippers are sometimes sketchy. Yellow Freight is a great option and may be a little less money as well.

If you buy the trans/converter/cooler I will give you the wiring harness and ECM.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:26 PM

If you can get me any kind of a build sheet id be very interested in the shortblock, if youd be willing to ship it!
thanks
Old 02-25-2012, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by nosfed
I don't know whether it's been rebuilt or not. It was on a car I bought from this board specifically to part it and keep the blower. It has no play on the shaft and no signs of damage or trouble anywhere. However, it is used and has seen some miles. The kit is complete and ready to install, with the exception of the crank pulley. Originally this kit had an OEM damper with the face machined for this pulley. I decided to switch to an ATI but never had the pulley machined. You could either have a stock damper machined for this pulley, or have this pulley machined for an ATI.

If I part this car, the blower will include a stock oil pan that's had a steel AN-10 fitting welded in for the drain and a section of braided -10 line. It's a major improvement from the suggested "thread the sheetmetal" method.

Also, the crank pulley is 6.66" and there are two blower pulleys. I'll measure them and get back to you. The crank pulley and one of the blower pulleys are new.
So the pros are it's pretty much complete (no biggie with crank pulley) and has a MAF blow through conversion. Cons IMO are apparently no intercooler and unknown use/miles. My oil pan is already tapped for an oil fed blower even though I use a Powerdyne, that's how sure I was that I'd switch to an S-Trim. From what I've read about the D1SC head unit it's the way to go but the rest of the ATI kit seriously sucks. That's where the Vortech outshines it big time, quality and thinking things through ....like a freaking spring loaded tensioner! Anyway I'm still interested for sure depending on roughly what you want for it minus the oil pan and line. I could always get an Aftercooler separately later on. If nothing else here's another bump for you but definitely keep me in mind if you have trouble selling it. Thanks.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by canbaufo
So the pros are it's pretty much complete (no biggie with crank pulley) and has a MAF blow through conversion. Cons IMO are apparently no intercooler and unknown use/miles. My oil pan is already tapped for an oil fed blower even though I use a Powerdyne, that's how sure I was that I'd switch to an S-Trim. From what I've read about the D1SC head unit it's the way to go but the rest of the ATI kit seriously sucks. That's where the Vortech outshines it big time, quality and thinking things through ....like a freaking spring loaded tensioner! Anyway I'm still interested for sure depending on roughly what you want for it minus the oil pan and line. I could always get an Aftercooler separately later on. If nothing else here's another bump for you but definitely keep me in mind if you have trouble selling it. Thanks.
Thank you for your interest. It's been a lot of years since I was active on the board but your user name stands out and I remember seeing you around back then. Good seeing you around. Anyway, I have a few people who are ready to buy the blower at a very reasonable price and it's safe to say it's sold.

I appreciate how thoughtful you are when contemplating a purchase from a bulletin board. I've been less thorough and have bought garbage more times than not, especially on this board. In a dozen transactions, I've gotten what was promised one time and that's on the purchase of the Delphi injectors listed above.

All the best,

Matt
Old 02-26-2012, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Bigbadwhitey
If you can get me any kind of a build sheet id be very interested in the shortblock, if youd be willing to ship it!
thanks
I'm more than willing to ship anything I have for sale to anywhere that freight goes. I've shipped thousands of packages and am pretty good at building bulletproof crates.

I'm afraid I didn't get a build sheet or if I did, I've lost it. When Bill sold his shop to his employee, the employee ran it out of business. I have no idea how to contact him or whether he retained build sheets. There are other shops in town and I can take it somewhere and have it torn down if you want to pay for it. I could get it done reasonably.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:35 PM

Pm sent for girdle price?
Old 02-27-2012, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by nosfed
Meziere electric WP used for 5 minutes. Mounted in a housing with the drive opening welded shut. $225
PM sent.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:57 PM

Last night I fired the car up one last time and listened to some tunes. Still had Audioslave in the CD player which has been missing for 5.5 years. Had my trip down memory lane and today it was time to move on.

Rolled the old girl into the driveway this morning.

She's apart now!

Last edited by nosfed; 02-27-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by GRIDERMAN87
Pm sent for girdle price?
Sorry, bud. How about $50 plus shipping?
Old 02-28-2012, 09:29 AM

ill take it pm'ed you about shipping cost to 73008, this is for a 7.5 10 bolt right? jus wanna make sure
Old 02-28-2012, 04:14 PM

Affirmative, Grinderman.

Is there any value at all in the body parts? I am ready to haul this POS in and the front clip is in good shape, as is the rear bumper and doors.

I plan to leave the rear end in, and throw that 3.42 rear end in as well. I'm sick of looking at all of these parts and sure don't want to take off the front clip, doors, and rear bumper only to have them rot in my shed for another 6 years.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:55 PM

If u have people locally that would be interested I would keep the front clip, it should be easy to get rid of to anyone who's roughed theirs up, I would take the mirrors off as well, but if u have no market locally I would toss them they would cost more to ship than they would be worth. Personally I would put the big parts on craigslist and see what happens before I tossed them out
Old 02-28-2012, 08:11 PM

T-tops clear or dot matrix?
Old 02-29-2012, 11:09 AM

Nosfed: I skimmed through the posts, but I didn't see if you shipped to Canada?

I was wondering if the rear hatch was sold (large item i know)

The front nose with the indicators and fog lights - what kind of shape is that whole setup?

I'm very curious about the interior panels and seats - did you have a picture of those? Was that factory?

If you won't ship to Canada no worries...

Cheers,

Leo
Old 02-29-2012, 07:06 PM

Are the seats available?

Quick Reply: Parting built blown 1996 T/A Vortech S trim, CPT 4l60E, etc