Lloyd Elliot is the best porter out there period!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 02:23 AM

Lloyd Elliot is the best porter out there period!

All I have to say is not only is his port work awesome but resently I had some issues with valve float & rather so I sent the heads to Lloyd so he can inspect them & put on nicer springs/ do all the installed heights & I wanted new exhaust valves / guides because mine looked a little hammered from time "probably because the heads have been around so much & through like 4 different cam setups" so somewhere down the line something happened to the exhaust valves/guides. Lloyd Elliot was so helpfull & installed all new valves/guides & I chatted with him for hours about my setup & he helped me throughout every little step, this is 3 years after my purchase of the heads, so if you want a stand up guy & a porter you have to look nowhere else but Lloyd Elliot. He installed new intake valves free of charge aswell & intake/exhaust guides because he stands by his product even though its been through 2 different users & 4 different cam swaps, he also was nice enough to clean the heads right up like they where new & do some more smoothing out in some areas so they look absolutely deadly, like a CNC job without the CNC ridges & missing guide bosses that CNC machine gets you

I just can't thank him enough, ohh & not to forget he even milled them for me free of charge, I descided at that point I might aswell upgrade the springs & put Bronze liners into the guides, an expensive option but Lloyd made it affordable with all the stuff that he fixed up for me now I could afford extra goodies, might aswell while they were there, so he even told me the seat pressure/open pressure on the springs & tested them all & lapped the valves so they are all .015 all within height so I could safely use the same pushrod size on all the valves & not mickey mouse it This guy stayed in touch throughout everything, chatted with me about setups for hours & explained so many things, replied to each one of my emails asap & I couldn't have asked for better customer service!

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH LLOYD!
Old 10-25-2003, 02:31 AM

AWESOME!!!!!!!! We need more people like him in this world. It's people like him that make building a car fun!!! Congrats Bunker and I hope your new setup works great for you.
Old 10-25-2003, 03:26 AM

yeah.. i just picked up a set of worked heads from him at an unbelievably low price.... and he's always helpful.
Old 10-25-2003, 03:50 AM

So you were the one that got those heads, damn J/K, I am going to Lloyd FOR SURE when I need my heads done. Nobody else.
Old 10-25-2003, 12:52 PM

and we get hold of this guy how??

Please post!! I might have some work for him soon!
Old 10-25-2003, 01:55 PM

sounds like an awsome guy!
Old 10-25-2003, 02:47 PM

I'm sorry, I missed the part in your post where you had something for sale.... what was it again?

- N
Old 10-25-2003, 11:18 PM

nighttrain66@msn.com

Thats lloyd's email address..
Old 10-25-2003, 11:44 PM

Originally posted by NickS
I'm sorry, I missed the part in your post where you had something for sale.... what was it again?

- N
Old 10-26-2003, 01:27 AM

Yeah Lloyd is a great guy and he does great work at a great price, what more can you ask for?

I am happy with my heads and can't wait to get this new cam put in! Bunker did you sell yours yet? Maybe NickS will buy it
Old 10-26-2003, 02:11 AM

what kind of numbers are we talking about with his head porting and cam? Does he custom grind cams?

Wondering if he put up any high hp numbers on the dyno with just heads/cam
Old 10-26-2003, 03:03 AM
Ai

lloyd is definitely a nice guy

FWIW, .015" variance in valve height is ... not bad, but not good at all. Within .004-.006 shouldn't be difficult on any decent seat & guide machine. .010+ and I'd be wondering if the head was warped & would redo the VJ. It's not terribly critical.. maybe whoever does his valvejobs is stoning them, but I'd doubt it - that went out years ago. Either way, nice guy who seems to do a fair job for a fair price

What were ya sellin again?
Old 10-26-2003, 04:36 AM

HEAD!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 08:03 AM

That is why my heads are in the mail to LLoyd.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:45 AM

Originally posted by 96 WS6
So you were the one that got those heads, damn J/K, I am going to Lloyd FOR SURE when I need my heads done. Nobody else.
you mean these? http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...hreadid=179553http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...hreadid=179553

they're sitting in my living room

Quick Reply: Lloyd Elliot is the best porter out there period!