Bend Pak 4 post lift (in Maryland)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 01:53 PM

Bend Pak 4 post lift (in Maryland)

I have to sell my lift because the ceiling in my new garage is too low for such a big lift.

This is a Bend Pak 4 post lift with 7,000 lb. capacity. It will raise the car up about 6 feet high, so it's great for either working underneath the car or for parking another car underneath. I bought the lift brand new 6 or 7 years ago and have only used it in my home garage. It is in excellent condition, and I have had absolutely no problems with it.

The lift rises to max height in less than a minute. There are safety locks that automatically engage at approx. 6" increments as you go up. By hooking an air compressor to the lift, you can unlock all 4 locks from one location, making it easy to raise & lower the lift by yourself. Power is 220V. It bolts to the floor, requiring 4" thick concrete (common thickness in residential garages)

Ideal ceiling height for this lift is 11' - 13'. However I have been using it with a 9.5' ceiling, which means the car can only go up about 3.5' - 4'. At this height it is perfect for sitting on a chair while working on the car (I use an old office chair on wheels that I got for $5)

My only regret when I bought this lift is that I didn't buy it sooner - you'll quickly forget what a pain jackstands are when you work with a lift!!

Bend Pak doesn't make this exact model currently, the closest thing I could find on their website is this lift - http://www.bendpak.com/product_info.isg?products_id=729 Mine looks identical and is about the same size.

This lift was $2,500 new. I also have a Ranger 1 ton transmission jack ($475 new) and a rolling oil drain catch ($80 new). The trans jack is an essential piece if you plan on removing anything heavy from the car, including a rear axle or gas tank. This jack goes high enough to work with the lift at all heights.

I have about $3,000 invested in the whole setup. I was asking $2,000/obo for everything, but I have to get this thing moved out, so I’m dropping the asking price to $1,600/obo.

I will help you disassemble the lift, but I do not have a vehicle capable of transporting the pieces. The ramps are the biggest pieces at about 13' long, so a trailer or box truck is ideal for transporting. The lift is in Maryland. It can be shipped, but frankly the cost of crating & shipping probably don't make it worth it.

If you would like to see the lift in person or if you have questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Josh
jkorsower@yahoo.com
Old 08-09-2005, 08:19 AM

Re: Bend Pak 4 post lift (in Maryland)

bumpity bump
Old 08-10-2005, 01:12 PM

Re: Bend Pak 4 post lift (in Maryland)

No serious interest so far ... if you're on the fringe but think the price is too high, make me an offer that works for you. This thing needs to go!!

Thanks,
Josh