Bend Pak 4 post lift (in Maryland)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 08:47 AM

Bend Pak 4 post lift (in Maryland)

I have to sell my lift because the ceiling in my new garage is too low for such a big lift.

This is a Bend Pak 4 post lift with 7,000 lb. capacity. It will raise the car up about 6 feet high, so it's great for either working underneath the car or for parking another car underneath. I bought the lift brand new 6 or 7 years ago and have only used it in my home garage. It is in excellent condition, and I have had absolutely no problems with it.

The lift rises to max height in less than a minute. There are safety locks that automatically engage at approx. 6" increments as you go up. By hooking an air compressor to the lift, you can unlock all 4 locks from one location, making it easy to raise & lower the lift by yourself. Power is 220V. It bolts to the floor, requiring 4" thick concrete (common thickness in residential garages)

Ideal ceiling height for this lift is 11' - 13'. However I have been using it with a 9.5' ceiling, which means the car can only go up about 3.5' - 4'. At this height it is perfect for sitting on a chair while working on the car (I use an old office chair on wheels that I got for $5)

My only regret when I bought this lift is that I didn't buy it sooner - you'll quickly forget what a pain jackstands are when you work with a lift!!

Bend Pak doesn't make this exact model currently, the closest thing I could find on their website is this lift - http://www.bendpak.com/product_info.isg?products_id=729 Mine looks identical and is about the same size.

This lift was $2,500 new. I also have a Ranger 1 ton transmission jack ($475 new) and a rolling oil drain catch ($80 new). The trans jack is an essential piece if you plan on removing anything heavy from the car, including a rear axle or gas tank. This jack goes high enough to work with the lift at all heights.

I have about $3,000 invested in the whole setup. I'd like to sell it all at once, asking $2,000 for everything.

I will help you disassemble the lift, but I do not have a vehicle capable of transporting the pieces. The ramps are the biggest pieces at about 14' long, so a trailer or box truck is ideal for transporting. The lift is in Maryland. It can be shipped, but frankly the cost of crating & shipping probably don't make it worth it.

If you would like to see the lift in person or if you have questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Josh
jkorsower@yahoo.com