Old 10-19-2005, 08:21 AM

355 nitrous short block its a screamer

very nice short block

355 LT1 short block
12:1 will run on pump gas
scat crank and rods
zero decked
clevite bearings
TWR dome pistions (deburred)(friction coated)
file fit rings
meling pump
combination motorsports hyd cam txr233
billet centerforce flywheel.. (over 400 bucks alone)
all balanced and blueprinted
the motor is built for a 200 shot and is plenty stout
all fresh still at the machine shop
im taking a huge loss on this
2300 shipped..

we have run similar combos on pump gas with a decent tune.. this motor screams, made over 480hp and 675lbft of torque on a 150shot with stock ported heads and a cc306 cam.. i think with the new cam and a 200 shot it would be a great car to drive.. NA or spraying.. haha..
Old 10-19-2005, 12:55 PM

Re: 355 nitrous short block its a screamer

Did someting happen to the engine that it needed freshened up?
Is the engine assembled?

Are your HP numbers right? Without the N2o you would only be at 330hp
with a 306 and ported heads???
Old 10-19-2005, 02:59 PM

this actual motor blew a head gasket during its preliminary runs.. the driver forgot to turn on the water pump.. the motor has been completely redone from top to bottom using all new parts.. the machine shop even "guaranteed" this motor for me to run safely with a 200 wet shot..the said if for any reason anything breaks the would build a new on for free.. of course melting stuff or burn stuff wouldnt be covered but overall strength is there..
those are the actual numbers from the dyno sheet of a motor that had all the same internals and machine work.. the only difference was the cam.. he used a cc306.. all dyno numbers were done on a mustang dyno.. its rwhp too.. not flywheel.. i would say that 330rwhp is a decent number for running a nitrous motor n/a
Old 10-19-2005, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Fast Orange
i would say that 330rwhp is a decent number for running a nitrous motor n/a

If your racing 4-cylinder imports
Old 10-19-2005, 07:32 PM

first off, i didnt ask you to come on my thread and clutter it up with your snude and inappropriate comments
second off, as i stated before the motor blew a head gasket, who knows if that was its full potential on horsepower. 330rwhp seems like a decent number to me using basically stock ci and cam ground for n2o
third, do not post if you are not interested in the motor. i see you only have like 11 posts, im sure your comments mean a lot to every one else on the board.. newbie..
Old 10-21-2005, 08:27 PM

Wink Re: 355 nitrous short block its a screamer

Originally Posted by Fast Orange
third, do not post if you are not interested in the motor. i see you only have like 11 posts, im sure your comments mean a lot to every one else on the board.. newbie..
Ouch
Don't get too nasty with me as I see you are an experienced veteran with a whopping 259 posts and obviously a ton of knowledge if you had that engine built.

And I had to post when I looked at a "SCREAMER" shortblock with only 330hp.

Don't get mad at me because you spent OVER $2300 on a 330hp engine you could have had with a good tune and a few bolt-ons. Good luck with the bargain sale of a lifetime
Old 10-21-2005, 08:44 PM

Actually, I will vouch for Fast Orange. The engine is what he says it is.....

NITROUS motors generally make better power on NITROUS.

Originally Posted by biochemist
Ouch
Don't get too nasty with me as I see you are an experienced veteran with a whopping 259 posts and obviously a ton of knowledge if you had that engine built.

And I had to post when I looked at a "SCREAMER" shortblock with only 330hp.

Don't get mad at me because you spent OVER $2300 on a 330hp engine you could have had with a good tune and a few bolt-ons. Good luck with the bargain sale of a lifetime

Last edited by Birdman7389; 10-21-2005 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:32 PM

well being snude or not, he is right. stock heads and an LT4 hotcam could put you into the 330whp range with boltons. and yes, i am adding my comment because i am lookin for a shortblock myself. which brings me to my questions.

what are the specs of the cam, has a compression test been performed (if so what were the numbers?) what length rods? not firmiliar with scat, so is it a cast crank?
Old 10-22-2005, 10:06 AM

sneakin
no compression test "that i know of" its a brand new build.. its never even had heads bolted to it.. im sure the machine shop isnt going to warranty something they know they will have to redo.. as far as cam specs..
"Comp Cams TS233XR Camshaft -233/242 duration @ .050", .569"/.576" lift with 1.6 rockers, 114lsa. Amazing top end pull, extremely lopey idle in stock displacement engine. Nitrous use 200 shot, supercharger 8-16psi."
5.7 rod length the crank is cast and is basically a stock replacement but its precision ground and micro polished. they are some quality crank shafts. the machine shop assured me that it would take whatever i would throw at it..

biochemist
i dont understand your whole purpose in posting.. i let the machine shop build it because they have always taken care of any problems my friends have ever had with there engines and they offer a warranty.. and yeah you could throw on a cam and some heads.. but it wont last forever and it sure wont make as much as much power or pull as hard on the spray.. why would you rebuild something with stock **** when you could go ahead put decent stuff in there while your at it? im going to ask you to not post again.. YOURE NOT INTERESTED IN THE MOTOR AND YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHO I AM>> YOU HAVE NO REASON TO POST!!

birdman
thanks.. we got another ltz400 haha.. my raptor basically got stolen.. but thats beside the point.. thanks for your input..
Old 10-22-2005, 10:27 AM

For anyone looking at this shortblock, if you have any questions about the cam, pm me and I'll give you my feedback. I have this same cam running in my car, full-boltons, tune, and 100 shot. 330 Rwhp is VERY conservitive. VERY. When we was up in Dekalb, Il and had Ion tuning this car, we raced after we got done. 2 out of the 3 races, my car beat Ion's and he said he was putting down 365 to the ground through his A4, at the time of the race, he had just got his 6-speed put in and a new tune updated. So I'm sure it will put down ATLEAST 350 Rwhp. Btw, this wasn't spraying for anyone that saw we have a 100 shot on this car, instead of being 1 car length in front of him, we could of been 10, but our bottle was empty.

I would buy this shortblock RIGHT NOW if I can the cash, but I don't. So someone else better pick up this deal.

And if you're worried about tuning issues with this cam since it's not something that everybody chooses, Ion can get you pretty close now that he did in car tuning for this cam with my car.

Btw, this cam LOVES nitrous, I still have a stock shortblock so anything over 125 is just plain crazy for me right now, but I bought this cam knowing I planned on upgrading the bottom end in the future. I can't even imagine how this cam would respond to a 200+ shot, it like 100 shots already!
Old 10-22-2005, 10:38 AM
Admin Emeritus

Biochemist:

Fron the site rules for this forum:
2) NOT INTERESTED IN WHAT IS FOR SALE? DO NOT POST IN THE THREAD
If you have no intention of buying what is being offered, then you have absolutely no business posting in the thread the item is being sold in. Giving someone a hard time because their price is too high, etc. is not your place if you weren't at least going to make an offer on what is being sold.
These apply to you and everyone else.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:39 AM

crazy95z
thanks for the reply man.. i know the short block is a good base for a "screamer" and i know the cam is right.. i would rather be low on the hp then to say it makes 500 and have some one pissed off.. another thing is the car was put on a mustang dyno.. most ppl get low numbers out of them.. but thanks again for your imput..

jason
thanks.. you da man..
Old 10-24-2005, 09:54 AM

ttt
Old 10-26-2005, 11:23 AM

ive had a few mights but no ill take its.. so ttt..