Pacific Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington

watch out for THIS honday

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 06:35 PM

Originally posted by Garett92Z
I don't care how anyone else wants to downplay the car, make fun of it, or try and critisize it... the thing is bad-***. I'm sorry but I have nothing for respect for people with imports who are into making them go fast.

Hell a 4 cylinder with 800hp is something to be impressed about.

Huge props to the guy who engineered the car.
It is not very hard to make power It all depends on how much $$$ you go to throw into it....I would like to know how much he spent to make it that fast I am sure for the amount of money he has spent I could be cruising in the 6's with Glen Braid

Imports Suck....

Last edited by JD30thZ28; 03-19-2003 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:50 PM

Originally posted by JD30thZ28
It is not very hard to make power It all depends on how much $$$ you go to throw into it....I would like to know how much he spent to make it that fast I am sure for the amount of money he has spent I could be cruising in the 6's with Glen Braid

Imports Suck....
i agree.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:30 PM

Originally posted by zturbo
The cars are ripping the cords in the tires on the dyno's it has happened a few times with the faster racers recently. When the cars go down the track they are in the 160 mph range and the tires rip apart cause the cords are broken. Then the car gets out of control cause the tire is blown.
well i cant see any abuses or situations the dyno puts the tire through, that is any different from the stuff that happens on the track. must be bad tires then cuz if a slick can handle tire shake at 120mph that is violent enough to tare the car a new one, i cant see what any dyno "slippage" can possibly do to it. seems like a rumor or myth to me
Old 03-20-2003, 02:51 PM

well i cant see any abuses or situations the dyno puts the tire through, that is any different from the stuff that happens on the track. must be bad tires then cuz if a slick can handle tire shake at 120mph that is violent enough to tare the car a new one, i cant see what any dyno "slippage" can possibly do to it. seems like a rumor or myth to me
OK, I talk to Mike on a fairly regular basis and have for the last few months with my build. IT is not a myth, read the import nhra drag racing mag's you will read about it. The thing is they load the car with 15 guys or whatever trying to get the car to not spin on the dyno, the tires are not built for a dyno loading the tires, 15 guys on the car and wot. The belts tear something is trying to give.. The tire is loaded with loads way over what it is built for (drag racing pulling a car that weighs generally 2400#) If you think it is a myth so be it, everyone has there own thoughts.

Actually the car doesn't have that much money in it guys...
Stock block
Stock trany (he has multiple tranys)

He builds his own motors
I roughly know what he has in his turbo system
cage isn't that pricey
Most pricey thing in the car is the Motec computer system

If you can build a car that will go as fast as Glen Beirds car for that amount of money where do i send my car to have you do this and make it last

Steven
Old 03-20-2003, 03:09 PM

Wink

That's a Stock Block? Tranny

Now I am suprised that car is making that much power.... Oh well will never end up at a light next to it so no worries

Steven you can send your car to me with a blank check but I don't give any garauntees
Old 03-20-2003, 03:14 PM

That's a Stock Block? Tranny
Bone stock trany as there is nothing cost effective to replace it. Engine is sleeved and has a girdle. (think it is a b20 block, i don't know exactly.)
Now I am suprised that car is making that much power.... Oh well will never end up at a light next to it so no worries
How do you know that... He does drive it on the street at times
Steven you can send your car to me with a blank check but I don't give any garauntees
LOL uh huh, do i get a SID tune with this deal?
Old 03-20-2003, 04:00 PM

That's a sweet car, no doubt, and it's sweet when import enthusiasts make their cars go fast, but it's not sweet when they try and be lame about it:
"Yeah! I made my car go faster than YOUR v8!! haha with less cylinders!! All it took me was a new engine swap, a huge turbocharger and some nitrous plus head work and a stroker engine blah blah, i can take your STOCK car now with my "sleeper"
People always say that to me.
"I could get an Integra and swap in a B20 and put a huge turbo on it with some BPUs and nitrous then do some suspensionw ork and get good tires and i'll outrun your 4,000 dollar stock 5.0 Mustang, man!! and i can brag because I have less cylinders although I've invested 20x as much money
Old 03-20-2003, 06:13 PM

do i get a SID tune with this deal?

LMAO !!!

You gonna take that Payam ???
Old 03-20-2003, 11:42 PM

OK, I talk to Mike on a fairly regular basis and have for the last few months with my build. IT is not a myth, read the import nhra drag racing mag's you will read about it. The thing is they load the car with 15 guys or whatever trying to get the car to not spin on the dyno, the tires are not built for a dyno loading the tires, 15 guys on the car and wot. The belts tear something is trying to give.. The tire is loaded with loads way over what it is built for (drag racing pulling a car that weighs generally 2400#) If you think it is a myth so be it, everyone has there own thoughts.

Stock block

He builds his own motors
cage isn't that pricey

If you can build a car that will go as fast as Glen Beirds car for that amount of money where do i send my car to have you do this and make it last

Steven
well you never mentioned 15 people pileing on a car, thats not smart IMO, what do you expect to happen?!...............it must be an import thing

and on a side note: as it being faster then braids car! ROFL even his old setup ran a 7.60 at the track a whole lot faster then a skweaky 9 sec pass. and now hes got a car/chasis setup that weighs as much as that little import and over twice the power and torque! you do the math, i dont add up, no chance in hell lol

Last edited by blue 79 Z/28; 03-20-2003 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-20-2003, 11:48 PM

and on a side note: as it being faster then braids car! ROFL even his old setup ran a 7.60 at the track a whole lot faster then a skweaky 9 sec pass. and now hes got a car/chasis setup that weighs as much as that little import and over twice the power and torque! you do the math, i dont add up lol
Did I say his car was as fast as Bairds car. I was talking to johnny on that one. I am done with this topic. You have your own views and so be it.
Old 03-21-2003, 12:01 AM

Stock block

He builds his own motors
cage isn't that pricey

Steven
thats what is insinuated right here and that was "braid" about 3 min. ago, nice editing to change the fact, lol whatever man
Old 03-21-2003, 12:14 AM

Seriously 79 have no freaking clue what you are reading but you may want to go over stevens post again.

Regardless of the fact he was stating info on the slicks on dynos. No need to tie your panties in a knot about it just cause you dont agree. I have heard of it as well and just out of curiousties sake what exactly makes you the ever ending fountain of wisdom.

Later
Mike
Old 03-21-2003, 06:01 AM

i didnt say i didnt agree, the info about 15 guys sitting on the car to add weight wasnt posted when i responded, under normal circumstnces a slick will not bust under any racing condition they can put it through, but when you over load the tire like that what do you expect to happen, i state again:well you never mentioned 15 people pileing on a car, thats not smart IMO, what do you expect to happen?!...............it must be an import thing, if you exceed the load capacity on a racing slick, and throw caution and safety to the wind and it busts on ya, then whoever does that deserve whats coming to them........a racing slick that operates under normal load conditions and is used with proper pressure, will never be "wrecked" by any dyno.

"If you can build a car that will go as fast as Glen BRAIds car for that amount of money where do i send my car to have you do this and make it last" quoted directly, "as fast" well i dont know what that means to you but it it seems clear to me, compairing a 9 sec to a 7 sec run is realy far fetched, oh and about reliability, braid ran one motor last year, and "one" tranny.........say what ya want, but if thats not what you mean type it a different way, cuz thats what it says to me.

"just out of curiousties sake what exactly makes you the ever ending fountain of wisdom." the same thing that makes the world turn, the grass green, and the sky blue

Last edited by blue 79 Z/28; 03-21-2003 at 06:04 AM.
Old 03-21-2003, 12:04 PM

Hey Blue,

Your not reading it clearly.....I had assumed this Import guy put a lot of money to make is car as fast as it is. My point was for that amount of money I could probaly build a car that will run with Glen Braid, hgihly unlikely but just making a point

Steven however was stating that this import guy in question didn't spend that much money and well Steven is aware how much money has been spent on this Integra and what he was stating is that if I can build a low 7 sec car for that amount of money, well then he wants to know where to send his

Hope that clears it up for everyone
Old 03-21-2003, 10:54 PM

ok i accept the clarification, its just what it seemed to state to me, oh well

after all this was about the slicks to begin with, ill just say i dont think thats a smart thing to do at all, thats all.