Pacific Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington

Road Racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 02:18 PM

Road Racing

Yesterday(Saturday July2)my wife and I were returning from Kelowna and we decided to take #3 home. It was a beautiful day, dry, sunny and very little traffic. As we were leaving Princeton, going up the first long hill we passsed a
Mercedes 2 door Coupe. He stayed right behind us and we proceeded to start a little road racing. Lots of twisties and 40 and 50 KPH corners.On some of the corners we were hitting between 80 to 100 KPH and he stayed right on my tail, although accelerating out of the corners I would pull him.At one point my wife asked if I was trying to kill us,but of courswe that wasn't my intention.All this time I was wondering about this Mercedes, because he was keeping up real well especially through the twisties.We got to the four lane portion approaching Manning, I was in third gear and I went t0 220 KPH and had 3 to 5 lenghts on him. I slowed and he pulled up beside us and we gave each other the thumbs up.As he was going by I discovered it was a SLK55 AMG. Did some research and this care comes with a 362HP V8 and some excellent handling. I know one thing without the turbo he would have wiped my Butt.Anyways it made an other wise eventless trip pretty exciting. I'm
glad I didn't meet up with an SL55 AMG or an SL65 AMG,482 and 614 HP respectively.
My wife said maybe we should get a Mercedes instead of the ZO6.
Of course I shot that one down right away.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:19 PM

Re: Road Racing

yeah those little hitler mobiles are bloody quick...and can hold their own in the twisties

look out for the bi-turbo ones...they'll stomp on yah...torque monsters from hell
Old 07-03-2005, 06:30 PM

Sorry- Correction, it was a CLK55 AMG
Old 07-03-2005, 06:45 PM

I love that highway .. back when I had the 94 coming back from kelowna i took the same road back .. I was playin with this R1 .. it was fun .. except the results were clearly backwards .. I would close in on him on the twisties, and when straight aways would come that bastard would egg me on and when I was at the peak of my hp he would blow my doors off like I was a hybrid toyota running on AAA batteries.. he did let me blow by him on one straight away (with my cutout open) and he gave me thumbs up... I also played withan older countach .. spent most of the time looking him in the rear view mirror now I have a slow car and cant race anymore
Old 07-05-2005, 12:56 PM

I like the Mercedes over the turbo bird but I like the Z06 you are getting best. Nice race story of 2 fine rides on the highway.