Pacific Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington

No Throttle body - so car STILL sleeping

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 11:13 AM

Hey Chriss,

Sux to hear about the mess with Bauer. I used Jantzer and he sent the Tbody out first, I did the swap and sent my core back postage already paid. He then credits your account for the core. Id post this up on LS1tech, LS1.com.

On a USPS note;

this is something that makes dealing with Canada a pita.

He probably shipped it usps to save you money. (On his end he may have been hit with a fee for the fedex overnight brokerage. )

It costs way more to ship anything usps. WAY more.

Usps is slow and does not offer tracking.

Your costomers get pissed off when your just trying to save them money that ups will rip them for brokerage. If you ship ups they still get pissed off because they want to know why they have a fee at the door.

Ive shipped crap all over Canada usps (PEI , Ontario , Quebec Toronto ) etc and its almost always a **** off to me and the customer. They misplaced a couple of sway bars heading to Kellowna , took 5 weeks to arrive *arg* You always get the 2.5 week " wheres my **** email "

The worst part is the companies that quote prices shipped to canada but are quoting the budget *** ups ground, customer wont know the difference untill they get the extra bill. Tisk Tisk .

Long live commerce within the USA , and we need a north american Uero like now.

Anyways, I hope you get your TB back soon . . . sorry for the rant
Old 05-01-2004, 11:59 AM

Hey Chris,

I KNOW YOUR PAIN!!!! Right now, I have a car that I have spent $15,000 mods for and one mechanical gremlin (and waiting for parts) is holding up my enjoyment of the vehicle. Whats worse, is I'm driving a POS of a winter beater! (1987 Sunbird) The stupid fuel pump is about to die, so doesn't always start Makes me want to cry...hmmmm trade the TA in on a Harley????

Andy
Old 05-01-2004, 12:06 PM

Originally posted by oldschool
Hey Chris,

I KNOW YOUR PAIN!!!! Right now, I have a car that I have spent $15,000 mods for and one mechanical gremlin (and waiting for parts) is holding up my enjoyment of the vehicle. Whats worse, is I'm driving a POS of a winter beater! (1987 Sunbird) The stupid fuel pump is about to die, so doesn't always start Makes me want to cry...hmmmm trade the TA in on a Harley????

Andy
Ok I'm sorry Andy but there is no way you spent $15,000 in mods.

Needless to say, I wouldn't worry about it Chriss, USPS sometimes takes 2 month to get something in, the thing is, if you are worried about not getting your stuff just call your Credit Card company & tell them you never go the product they claim to of shipped with no proof of shipping it. It is also their responsibility to put insurance on it, if they didn't the credit card company will give you your money back & shut your foot up their a$$ for ya, its great cuz I've done it already!

Its amazing how many phone calls you get from the company when that happens LOL, you tell them go F*ck themselves, but they won't hang up, so you laugh, & laugh hard, laugh like a king!

This is my story with MUSTGOFASTER tunning, after he claimed to of shipped my programmer for the 93 TA which I never got, ahhhh.. Good old credit cards!
Old 05-01-2004, 01:32 PM

Matt...come and take a look at my receipts. Remember, I buy most of my stuff new. Plus, I am taking into account stereo and other stuff.
Old 05-01-2004, 01:33 PM

ive had ablsolutely no problems whatsoever with usps, infact when i buy something from the US i always request usps. three years or so of buying parts and no problems from them. id say its more of a issue with the people doing the shipping.
Old 05-01-2004, 04:12 PM

Ah, you never know about shipping - that's why I expect the shipper to insure it and have a tracking number.

To put it in perspective, I probably purchase $300,000 worth of supplies from NY every year. (I let the supplier chose their shipping company, as I did in this case - Bret wanted to use USPS). So, I do A LOT of business with the US (esp. NY, where Bret is). I know shipping issues for sure.

Bauer sent the unit to me for $14 US. Now, I have special rates being that I do a lot of business with FedEx sometimes, but it cost me $6.42 (CDN) to ship it to his door in under 20 hours fully insured for $400. About one-third the cost and 10 times the service (not everyone gets this price though).

Since Bauer sent me the unit (Air Express mind you, so supposedly fast), I've had TWO shipments come in from NY that were ordered up to 5 days AFTER Bret sent my stuff - and they came land (not special). And, these items are sophicated computer and camera units used in relatively high security situations (i.e. the type of thing that raises the red flag at customs).

Iows, shipping issues are not "rocket science" and neither is customer service, so it amazes me how lax most automotive comapnies are. If this happened in my industry, that business would have gone under the first week.

But, I'm just venting, remember? I'm sure it will turn out ok, and the product will be top-notch. It's just the incompetence that comes with it all that amazes me...
Old 05-01-2004, 06:15 PM

Actually, I should add that when they charged me $14 for shipping, that price was initially based on land shippinig, and when I stressed that it was taking kind of long, they did say they would ship it air instead (w/o billing me extra).

Still, it must be flying Sopwith Camel... or hot air balloon. Maybe paper airplane? Kite?
Old 05-01-2004, 08:13 PM

Hows Fedex for brokerege fees ? They sound like a good comapany to deal with . . . . I would consider dumping ups.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:57 PM

I believe FedEx counts brokerage into their shipping price... this is why their rates to Canada are usually higher at first glance then UPS and USPS.

Sucks to hear about your problems Chris .

As for USPS, I have never ever had a problem with them and I've probably had 20-30 items shipped to me using their ground service.

In fact I've never had a problem with any shipping company, just with vendors who like to lie about whether or not they actually shipped something I ordered.
Old 05-02-2004, 01:12 PM

Originally posted by Tw!tchb!tch
Hows Fedex for brokerege fees ? They sound like a good comapany to deal with . . . . I would consider dumping ups.
Should there be any brokerage fees or importing tax in this case though? The object originated in Canada, went to the US for servicing, and should have come back to Canada.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:44 PM

they still like to ding your for brokerage fees. its BS.
Old 05-02-2004, 05:43 PM

i got a stock tb if you want to cruise,all it needs is the sensor's bolted up
Old 05-03-2004, 01:00 PM

Thumbs up

Fees will be minimal since it is just a 'repair' issue.

Perry, thanks for the offer man! If it comes down to their being a real long term problem and they need to do a new one for me, I might take you up on the offer.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:04 AM

Hey Chris, that's the s**t's you have to play the waiting
game like that. I've been there 2. I hate not being able
to track my stuff. If you can pick up the package from
Customs in Richmond @ YVR you will save time & some
cash, re: UPS & Fed-Ex, just a little FYI. Hope it all works
out soon Chris.

Cheers...
Old 05-05-2004, 03:33 AM

Sorry to hear about the problem Chriss, no way you should have waited more than 2 weeks for delivery. Of course I've waited 6 weeks to recieve goods from the states. UPS brokerage is a rip-off, they charged me hundreds for brokerage on new car stereo stuff. Too bad you couldn't have the work on your TB done locally supposedly as good as New York. I've made dozens of purchases from the states and most come promptly.