Pacific Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington

Bar(s)? to scan drivers license (checks criminal records) to allow entry

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 07:11 PM

Well they wouldnt find anything too interesting on mine...

But I think it'd be cool if the club owners walked up and down the line ups saying "you" and letting select best dressed/best charactors in

Just like the origional Studio 54 in NY Damn do I wish I was born and atleast 18 in '78.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:38 PM

hey come to Toronto, they do that here all the time, kinda ****ty when half your group gets picked out of a line and the rest of the people have to wait in line normally.(chances are they wont get in tho)... i dunno if you've heard of the club called "Money", but a lot of the time its like that. once when we were coming out people were trying to bribe the bouncers with wads of 100 bills....
Old 11-24-2003, 02:46 PM

Major invasion of privacy!! And if that wants to get implemented, you better expect a lot of protesting. People like their privacy rights, its whats so great about this country. If you don't feel safe goin to a bar then don't go. Those people at the bar are the same people you pass walking down the street so maybe you should just stay at home, lock the doors, and nail the windows shut.
This is just my take on things.
Old 11-24-2003, 04:14 PM

I don't see how its an invasion of privacy... When its a public place?? If you go to a bar, out in public, to a mall, wherever... Your no longer in your safe private home... These people arn't forcing you to go in, you can go elsewhere...

I think up-standing clubs would RATHER have people that don't mind sharing a little info and good faith rather then people that don't like it, as some would have things to hide, even if most don't. You have to take acceptable losses when figuring these things

And about walking down the street, your 100% right... they are the same people... Its just that in the bar they are probably drunk, which makes everyone a tough guy and really brings out the worst in people.

and even then, I don't do alot of walking... And if I did, i can assure you that there are times i *wouldn't* feel safe... There are times I don't feel safe at skytrain stations Maybe 'not safe', as there are cameras n ****, but nervous? sure... I hear all to often ppl gettin hacked up with machattes, and swarmed and beaten with inches of their lives...

but i come from an infinately smaller place where crime isn't near as rampant as here... So when I hear about murders and shootings almost everyday, my mind wanders unfortunately... For those that grow up in it, you become very desensititized and it doesn't bother you...

I don't know who is luckier... hehe, you guys for being able to deal with it so calmly, or me for not liking it and always being aware, watching out for bad things to go down
Old 11-24-2003, 11:36 PM

The only thing that they will find out is that Ima drunk and will spend like a tard. I think its more of the upscale bars and clubs. I cant really see those gettin far out of downtown.
Old 11-25-2003, 01:44 AM

F that... guess I'm not going to clubs anymore if that goes through. No big loss

I don't even like using VISA to pay for anything... because they do keep a record of what you're purchased in order to gauge trends in your shopping behaviour. So I just buy gas on VISA.

Just wait until the few who do allow their IDs to be scanned start receiving offers of "10% off liquor from _____" in the mail and getting phone calls all the frigging time... then we'll see how long the ID scanners last.