New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

New-ish to Washington brand new to car tinkering, questions on a restore

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 07:43 PM

New-ish to Washington brand new to car tinkering, questions on a restore

Ok, so here goes my introduction! My name is Madison, moved to Washington state in November of this year and picked up what I feel is a great deal. Found a single owner 1975 LT type 4speed manual camaro less than 50,000 original miles on the body and engine, garaged and stored most of its life. I've been wanting a 75 or 76 since I could first drive and my mom's first ever car was one in firethorn red so when I saw this one for less than 3 grand in seemingly good shape I snatched it up. While this car was in storage the right front fender was damaged pretty bad. After this happened the nose, and inner/outer fender were removed to inspect for damage. There's minor damage to the core support but no damage to the subframe. While all these panels were off the radiator, overflow, battery, and all the stuff connecting the radiator to the car disappeared. I have never really touched a car to work on it before. So I have no idea what is missing. Or what I need to look for. While I was loading it for transport I noticed it would not come out of gear even though the shifter seemed to be in neutral. The owner did include a new clutch plate and all the body panels except the inner right fender are there. I'm sure I'm missing a lot of bolts for the panels and to hold things to the core support but all the trim is there. Interior doesn't need too much but I want to change it anyway. Wish me luck! Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2015, 06:26 AM
Administrator

Re: New-ish to Washington brand new to car tinkering, questions on a restore

Welcome to CamaroZ28.com!!

I'll be up front with you.... as these cars age, the owners seem to be taking less interest in sites like this. We seem to have very few active 2nd Gen owners. Hopefully one of them will see your post and respond.

To possibly assist in this, I will copy your post to the "Classic Engine Tech" forum, which may attract some 2nd Gen enthusiasts.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/cla...-resto-882766/

Last edited by Injuneer; 07-09-2015 at 06:28 AM.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:29 PM

Re: New-ish to Washington brand new to car tinkering, questions on a restore

Welcome. Fred is correct. Try here NastyZ28 Second Generation Camaro Owners Group It is a second gen site. The folks with second gen Camaro's in our local club like it.

Good Luck,

PJ