New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

New to the Forum!

Old 07-05-2016, 09:35 AM

Cool New to the Forum!

Hi Everyone! Purchased my third Camaro 2 years ago a 1981 z28 350 4 spd, bought this car from a 74 year old man who was the second owner in 1986 until I bought it in 2014. Its a good story he lives just a couple blocks from my house, I walk my dogs in there regularly if I seen him outside I would ask him if he wanted to sell his car, always said no not yet. Then one day I asked my husband to put my card on the car and ask if he wanted to sell it, he called! I was so excited, went over there and he explained all the things he had done to the car over the years, I kept asking him how much? He would just keep on rambling about the car, the car idling with a very nice lumpy cam : ) anyways he finally said 400. holy cow I asked him if I could do cart wheels down the road!! The car needs paint and upholstery which is what I do, finally have time to get to it this year. Glad to be here!
Old 07-05-2016, 11:20 AM

Re: New to the Forum!

Welcome and that is an awesome story and find! That would be a nice project to pick away at.

I used to own a 1980 Turbo Trans Am. Worst car I ever owned in my life but it was fun to drive when it ran. I have a soft spot for those older ones. Not too many of those Z-28's around anymore. I think I can count on a couple of fingers the amount of nice ones we see in a summer in my city.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:31 PM

Hi Deebee, Thanks for the Welcome! Yes it was a good find, I was lucky all the planets aligned : ). I had a 75 in 1985 loved that car and was on the hunt for another project when this one came up. I also had a 76 for a short time, and a 89 RS wish I could of kept that one. Sorry to hear your TA was a POS, I also have a 1982 TA that has sat since about 1999 like the Z28 much more

I guess being up in Edmonton those cars wouldn't be a good choice for winter driving, I am near Vancouver winters are not so nasty.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:00 AM

I was wondering how the Camaro is doing... Any restoration?
Old 09-27-2017, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Chopper43 has not signed into the site since the date and time his last post, above.