New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

Naples New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 11:14 AM

Red face Naples New Guy

Hello everyone, I'm Patrick from Naples Florida and I just picked up a 1995 Z28, 6-speed. I'll be shaking her down this weekend and trying to figure out all the quirks and noises. I guess this is a way to prepare you all for the stream of issues that I will be asking about soon.

Patrick
Old 06-20-2014, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Re: Naples New Guy

Welcome to CamaroZ28.com!!

Gotta love these LT1's... for all their quirks.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site. LT1's are great (and I have one too), but I suspect it will take more than a weekend to figure out the "quirks"...
Old 06-23-2014, 11:06 AM

Thanks for the welcome.

Well this was an interesting weekend. And a lot of fun. The car is in really nice shape. The interior looks as if no one was allowed to ride in it. Exterior shines like a 90k mile diamond. I purchased from original owners grandson who only kept it for two months and it came with a half inch stack of service and maint. Records from day one. I think I found a well taken care of specimen.

It has lived in Naples fl it's entire life and has no window tint. It's kind of like riding around in a glass dome (t-tops) so window tint ordered today

Now for the things that make me nervous. Radio no sound (Bose). Abs problems, does not like to run cold (coughs and jerks under acceleration until up to temp) and some clunking over bumps. As near as I can tell all par for the course.

I have been doing some archive reading about some of the issues and I sometimes feel as if I'm reading a new language but it's getting better.

Man what a fun car to drive and let the fixes begin.

Patrick
Old 06-24-2014, 10:46 AM
Administrator

There were "shades" available as an option for the t-tops. It was an opaque, molded fiber piece, matching the headliner, that was held up against the inside of the t-top glass by velcro strips. You can find them on ebay once in a while, or on our Marketplace forums (Parts Wanted).

For the other problems, I would suggest posting each topic individually on the appropriate forum - "General 67-02 F-Body Tech" is a good catch-all with high traffic. Or the specialty forums like "Car Audio & Electronics", "Suspension, Chassis & Brakes", and "LT1 Based Engine Tech".

And the absolute best site on the internet for the LT1 cars:

4th Gen LT1 F-Body Tech Aids

.... infinite info, much of it specific to the 1995 models.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:31 PM

Thank you for the advise and links. I put the questions in the right forum I think. The radio will be replaced as I already have a head unit, amp, cables and just need speakers. Also have another amp and sub but I'm not sure if I want anything creating rattles (I'm getting old. Can't believe I just typed that)

Thanks again for the help it is appreciated

Patrick